Amazons CEO asks 3 questions before he hires someone, so it got me thinking.

If you were wanting to have a Commercial beekeeper that you don't know, place hives on land for honey gathering/pollination or what ever, all within flying distance of your hives.

What 3 questions, that their answers would determine if they know what they are doing, and you would be happy to have their hives near yours, would you ask a commercial beekeeper and why those 3 questions and what answers are you looking for.

ps this is not a trick question or anything to do with CLA, AFB, GIA, APINZ, SNI or NZBeekeeping, just an interesting question.

• Like 1

In this situation I would be asking more than 3 questions, as this is beekeeping and not retail. The questions I would ask would relate to Pests & Diseases (AFB would be at the top of my list), Best Practices and Record Keeping.

I would ask a question about their previous employer that they shouldnt answer-If they are going to give away info on their previous boss I dont want them giving away info on me in a few years time

51 minutes ago, BeeGirl said:

In this situation I would be asking more than 3 questions, as this is beekeeping and not retail. The questions I would ask would relate to Pests & Diseases (AFB would be at the top of my list), Best Practices and Record Keeping.

34 minutes ago, Kiwifruiter said:

I would ask a question about their previous employer that they shouldnt answer-If they are going to give away info on their previous boss I dont want them giving away info on me in a few years time

yes there are many you could ask, what 3 would be at the top of your list and why.

for example; you have full honey boxes on your hive and you find 2 afb cells in the brood, what would you do?

Edited by Dennis Crowley

Mainly disease / pest related - eg

Do you have much / any AFB and how do you deal with it?  If you get it would you let me know so I can keep an eye out - will do same for you?

Varroa - When do you treat and with what?  How does that work for you?

Hive numbers?  How many are you running in total and how many at each site? So I can gauge if these sites/hives may effect the yield on mine.

For me it would be like 'what is your current employers best technical innovation'

1)  How many hives are you placing ?

2)  What's your treatment regime ?

3)  What's your phone #  ?

The answer to #2 will tell me most of what I want to know.

Edited by yesbut
  • Like 1