Watch what you say.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But we have Kaka.  Taken through the lounge window last September.  The flowering cherry 2mt from the window had already been claimed by the tui who created quite a fuss.  Kaka just ignored him till r

ApiNZ are trialling the four day week, you wont see them until at least Tuesday.  If it works well they'll move to a three day week and so on.  In the mean-time us their funders will continue with our

sometimes i wonder where this country is going. beekeepers promoting 1080 and (roundup and neonics). i think nz uses 85% of the worlds 1080? and has the highest roundup use per head in the w

Posted Images

If you check out the picture presented on face book it will tell you where it came from.An anti 1080 picked it up from our forum.The text was presented by Don Mack NZ beekeepers forum April 23 2015.Ijust had to answer a lot of questions re this post,

1 hour ago, Daley said:

The author of the post has turned off the commenting

This behaviour is typical. These guys deep down know their storyline is bogus, so they shut down discussion from anyone except themselves. They cannot forward their agenda by exposing their disinformation to the sunshine of facts.

5 hours ago, Oma said:

I had two groups come into the market telling me my honey was full of 1080 and the drop hasn’t taken place yet. ?

A classic illustration of the IQ level we are forced to deal with here.

Edited by Alastair
  • Agree 3
51 minutes ago, Bighands said:

I did not post it on Facebook.As you can see Carol Sawyer did.Do you realise NO laboratory in n.z. tests for 1080 in honey.Why?

Because it’s not a real issue.

I’m quite sure they’ll test for whatever you like if you pay them enough.

2 minutes ago, Daley said:

Because it’s not a real issue.

I’m quite sure they’ll test for whatever you like if you pay them enough.

$5 to $10,000 to develop a test for 1080 according to Hills labs ESR tested my honey in 2000 but now no reply from them.

Iy is a real issue.If China find it in our honey what happens.They are testing our infant formula,our dairy companies are not.

28 minutes ago, Bighands said:

$5 to $10,000 to develop a test for 1080 according to Hills labs ESR tested my honey in 2000 but now no reply from them.

Iy is a real issue.If China find it in our honey what happens.They are testing our infant formula,our dairy companies are not.

Big Hands
Are you a keen Hunter?

28 minutes ago, Bighands said:

So we still on for a 1080 coffee on the coast ..... next week maybe  ?

35 minutes ago, Daley said:

She’s one of the authors of this fictional tale I suppose 

Hmmm, People arnt stupid

Most can spot an attention seeker, especially when they appear to be the type that does attract attension
Its like a drug to them, they can never get enough and put a lot of effort into getting their next fix

58 minutes ago, Bighands said:

Can’t find things that aren’t there.

Someone shared this on my Facebook page, https://www.ospri.co.nz/assets/Uploads/Documents/1080-and-bees.pdf

I should also add that I spent a good portion of time placing rodent bait on Young Nicks head inside the predator fence, there are no shortage of bees in the area and there were hives within a few hundred metres of the coils which were placed about every 5m in a grid over the entire area.

Not once over the years did I see a single bee even mildly interested or anywhere near any of those baits.

Edited by Daley
  • Agree 2
8 minutes ago, Daley said:

Can’t find things that aren’t there.

Someone shared this on my Facebook page, https://www.ospri.co.nz/assets/Uploads/Documents/1080-and-bees.pdf

I should also add that I spent a good portion of time placing rodent bait on Young Nicks head inside the predator fence, there are no shortage of bees in the area and there were hives within a few hundred metres of the coils which were placed about every 5m in a grid over the entire area.

Not once over the years did I see a single bee even mildly interested or anywhere near any of those baits.

How do you know it is not there unless you test for it.Hand laid baits are different from aerial dropped baits which I am against.Where does the dust go , onto the flower.Talking about testiing ,I was biogro certified I bought beehive boxes that had been painted with Copper Napthenate ,after 20 yrs use and dipped in parrafin wax ,copper still showed

up in my honey so obviously we will never agree on this 1080 issue.This reminds me of our stuff ups.DDT,AGENT ORANGE,THALIDOMIDE. I could go on but I won't.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
45 minutes ago, David Yanke said:

Did you not read the document Daley attached to the post that you just responded to.  They did test, and 1080 was NOT detected-  those hives that were part of the trial were put right in the drop zone, the machine spread right over the top of them.  That research, like all the research that has been carried out on the aerial application of 1080 shows that the risks to Humans and bees is zero. It does not contaminate water, it biodegrades quickly, and is metabolised quickly should there be any trace contamination.  All the research has shown that the impact on the environment of areas that have had aerial 1080 drops is only positive.  Introduced mammals are the target, and the 1080 shows no mercy.  Hunters are against 1080 because it takes out deer and pigs, but they know they have no argument against 1080 with that because the pigs and deer are introduced pests, so they grasp at any crazy conspiracy theory they can to try and discredit 1080.  Amazingly, pig hunters using dogs suddenly become animal welfare activists when it comes to 1080. As several of us have been trying to tell you, Stop raising the alarm when there is no fire.

I dunno.... with all due respect ..... a gaziiliion dollar payout to a US gentleman  for Roundup poisoning, which When I was at College was told was so safe the tutor  was prepared to drink it in front of us.... the world is a changing  faster than we can comprehend. Which reminds me of a container load of honey we had sold to Germany a few years ago, and then was rejected because of antibiotic residue .... the equivelant to one asprin tablet in the whole NZ crop.... but Germany has a zero tolerance. And Zero is Zero.

Anyway ..... Hows yer schedule for next week Big hands ?  You upto sucking a bit of Sweet potatoe  in Kumara ?

Edited by jamesc
  • Agree 1

I'm getting dumped on soon and I'm not going to take the risk, so will move my hives out of the drop zone for a while. Some of you on here can preach until you are blue in the face, 1080 is a poison and it kills more than just the target animals. Sooner or later it will be detected by an overseas consumer of NZ products and then what.

Also I am surprised that we have 1080 drops in the North Island, as we don't have any Kea.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1
59 minutes ago, nikki watts said:

Were I live they’ve just dropped brodaficom. Do they use different poison for different scenarios?? 

1 minute ago, yesbut said:

Yes. 1080 is for possums, brodaficoum for mustelids & rodents.

brodaficoum can be used for possums. i think its quite bad for secondary poisoning. 

but i think 1080 kills deer a lot better, especially with the deer sized baits they use and there is no deer on the barrier ;) 

18 hours ago, jamesc said:

I dunno.... with all due respect ..... a gaziiliion dollar payout to a US gentleman  for Roundup poisoning, which When I was at College was told was so safe the tutor  was prepared to drink it in front of us.... the world is a changing  faster than we can comprehend. Which reminds me of a container load of honey we had sold to Germany a few years ago, and then was rejected because of antibiotic residue .... the equivelant to one asprin tablet in the whole NZ crop.... but Germany has a zero tolerance. And Zero is Zero.

Anyway ..... Hows yer schedule for next week Big hands ?  You upto sucking a bit of Sweet potatoe  in Kumara ?

If I were that particular gentleman I wouldn’t rush out and spend up large.  Monsanto are appealing and I will be very surprised if it isn’t overturned.

• Agree 3