Daley

Are you a member of APINZ?

Are you a member of APINZ  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of APINZ

It seems we are having some difficulties establishing the support behind APINZ, so here is a straightforward poll to give us a bit of an idea within the NZ Beekeepers forum.

• Like 7

Is there a way to send this to all on here ?

• Like 2

@glynnwe are working on it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glynn said:

Well it’s not looking great so far ?

1 minute ago, glynn said:

No.  Other than it is in everyone's list of unread threads.

So we have 6088 members on the forum. Boy that escalated fast! Should be interesting to see the response

• Good Info 1

Interesting to see how many votes you get sort of represents the up coming vote is how many voters will be counted

8 minutes ago, glynn said:

Interesting to see how many votes you get sort of represents the up coming vote is how many voters will be counted

Well I wasn’t stoked on APINZ before, fair to say I’m even less impressed now.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, glynn said:

If the voting is on hive numbers or tonnage then our offshore friends and their investment funds will have the vote over the true blue NZ beekeeper 

im off to join nzbeekeeping if everyone here who disagrees with what is going on also joins nzbeekeeping they may have enough members to represent the real beekeepers of NZ 

Edited by frazzledfozzle
  • Like 5
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

If the voting is on hive numbers or tonnage then our offshore friends and their investment funds will have the vote over the true blue NZ beekeeper 

im off to join nzbeekeeping if everyone here who disagrees with what is going on also joins nzbeekeeping they may have enough members to represent the real beekeepers of NZ 

A yes vote requires two parts:

50.1% of all votes cast must say yes. (Total beekeeper No in NZ does not matter)

Of all the votes cast yes, they must then represent 50.1% of all the honey produced by those that voted. (Statutory declaration is required).

October is a very busy time of year, but apathy and not voting will get exactly what we deserve.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A non vote =  a yes vote

1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

No.  Other than it is in everyone's list of unread threads.

Right click on internet address bar, select "copy", go to facebook, select new post, right click, select "paste". Add a bit a blurb above it on the post. Voila. I'm going to do the same thing via email to those I know don't visit this site much, if at all. 

1 minute ago, Jean MacDonald said:

Right click on internet address bar, select "copy", go to facebook, select new post, right click, select "paste". Add a bit a blurb above it on the post. Voila. I'm going to do the same thing via email to those I know don't visit this site much, if at all. 

Yes.  We know that.  We are talking about how we can get all the forum members to respond.  All 6088 of them

I voted yes on the poll, only because i am still a member-but not for much longer.

49 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Yes.  We know that.  We are talking about how we can get all the forum members to respond.  All 6088 of them

What I mean is we all know people, we each do a little to spread the word and get a good response to this poll which then gives credence to the groups that are wanting to be representative of beekeepers, Statistical knowledge is power, if you will. It don't make no never mind to small fry like me but is the bread and butter to other families with the potential to ruin many who have worked very hard and invested their heart and soul into their beekeeping venture.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bron said:

So we have 6088 members on the forum. Boy that escalated fast! Should be interesting to see the response

Wow that's a lot .

Quite a few must be passive participants .

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

We are not members of APInz ..... we are members of Federated Farmers which I always thought was great for Beekeepers. The Feds have the Mana and the voice of the Gvt and they have the resources behind them. I don't understand why we split from them ..... perhaps it was  pressure from larger operations that had egotistical voices and wanted to run things to suit their purpose ..... what I do know is the beekeeping politics is an absolute shambles and we need to put aside our ego's .... let the queen do her job and we workers will do as we are told, and the drones..... well we all know happens to the drones, eh!

I stopped going to Bee meetings 25 years ago ....  listening to two or three of   Canterbury's more prominent  Bee Beepers slug it out in a small room left most of us shaking our heads and wondering what the heck they were arguing about..  Not a lot has changed.

As has been said .... if APINZ want to continue, they have to win the respect, and hearts ,and minds of the vast majority of us who slave away trying to eek a living out of an industry that has imploded and generated a culture of greed and grossly inflated  expectations amongst landowners.

Edited by jamesc
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, jamesc said:

We are not members of APInz ..... we are members of Federated Farmers which I always thought was great for Beekeepers. The Feds have the Mana and the voice of the Gvt and they have the resources behind them. I don't understand why we split from them ..... perhaps it was  pressure from larger operations that had egotistical voices and wanted to run things to suit their purpose ..... what I do know is the beekeeping politics is an absolute shambles and we need to put aside our ego's .... let the queen do her job and we workers will do as we are told, and the drones..... well we all know happens to the drones, eh!

I stopped going to Bee meetings 25 years ago ....  listening to two or three of   Canterbury's more prominent  Bee Beepers slug it out in a small room left most of us shaking our heads and wondering what the heck they were arguing about..  Not a lot has changed.

As has been said .... if APINZ want to continue, they have to win the respect, and hearts ,and minds of the vast majority of us who slave away trying to eek a living out of an industry that has imploded and generated a culture of greed and grossly inflated  expectations amongst landowners.

If you have a look at their website and their  mission it’s not hard to see why they are unpopular, they are not beekeepers, and they have little understanding of the people they wish to represent 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

@Trevor GillbanksIf  there is maybe 88 active participants what do the other 6000 get out of belonging to the forum .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

@Trevor GillbanksIf  there is maybe 88 active participants what do the other 6000 get out of belonging to the forum .

That's what I have been wondering. 

The survey is very telling of who's actually active.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

A good laugh and head scratch from what Ive been told

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 3

I'm not an APINZ member. When there's one unified entity without the big boys skiting about how great thow art I might revisit it. Right now theres at least 3 outfits. Its a joke really  

7 minutes ago, Philbee said:

A good laugh and head scratch from what Ive been told

I did wonder why the APINZ was bothering about our opinions but it's the other 6000 they are addressing .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kaihoka said:

I have no idea.  And I guess nor do they as they don't give an opinion.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should include a column for those who are a member of both organisations.

Russell Berry is a life member of Api NZ and was very active at the AGM and levy meeting.