The million dollar nose

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well , we are truly stoked . The powers that be in the NZ bee industry had no interest in the Million Dollar Nose, but Sarah Hights documentary about Georgie the AFB detector dog has been nominated as

Interesting to see an AFB  Bee dog for sale on Trade Me ...... the question I need to ask is why is  he for sale ..... which then opens up a whole can of worms . When we started out on our dog pr

Here's a story from today's ODT about this   A University of Otago graduate is tasting sweet success with a documentary on using dogs to sniff out early signs of the devastating bee-killing

5 hours ago, jamesc said:

Well , we are truly stoked . The powers that be in the NZ bee industry had no interest in the Million Dollar Nose, but Sarah Hights documentary about Georgie the AFB detector dog has been nominated as Best new comer  at the 2018 Jackson Hole science media awards , to be held at the end of September in Boston , USA.

I don't think  Georgie will be going .... but if anyone would like to help Sarah get there ....  let us know. It will be a great plug for NZ 's drug free honey and a little countrys' ability to think laterally when confronted with   seemingly insurmountable problems.  

Great example of kiwi ingenuity James and not a single 200k salary involved.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sailabee said:

I think the dog on Trademe was at least partially trained by @Rene Gloor - it was demo'd at the advertisers business property while training.

Not quite correct. Yes I suppose to deliver the dog Flynn that was doing the demonstration to the advertiser. However this did not happen.

we had no involvement in the training of this dog Jack advertised on trademe. 

29 minutes ago, jamesc said:

PS .... a little more cash would be handy to get her there ?

Have you approached the AFB honchos for a few dollars 

or ApiNZ if you are a member ?

theres been plenty of money in the past for planting trees on some lucky blokes farms etc there should be 3noug( in the coffers for something like this?