jamesc

Honey prices No. 3

4 minutes ago, nab said:

there your problem. 

Lion Red is sufferable?

1 hour ago, jamesc said:

me at 10 bucks for 500gm

That's not that cheap.  About the price of cheapest on the shelf, which you will need to beat to move 45 tons fast.  And then the processing, freight, labels, packing and headaches.  Plus the cut the 'market' takes.  No idea, but at 10 I would say you end up with 7?? if that - so 14 a kilo.  Still better than 8, aye.  but not great. 

Let's say you go for it- and 'dump' it cheap.  and take home 12 a kilo.  

I floated that Dew-nuka idea to you a while back.  

Edited by Lindaloo26

5 hours ago, Lindaloo26 said:

That's not that cheap.  About the price of cheapest on the shelf, which you will need to beat to move 45 tons fast.  And then the processing, freight, labels, packing and headaches.  Plus the cut the 'market' takes.  No idea, but at 10 I would say you end up with 7?? if that - so 14 a kilo.  Still better than 8, aye.  but not great. 

Let's say you go for it- and 'dump' it cheap.  and take home 12 a kilo.  

I floated that Dew-nuka idea to you a while back.  

I gave away a few two kilo pottles the other day ..... tradeable commodity ..... and commented that if they needed more, then they were 25 bucks each. The lady was having her honey freighted down from Napier from one of the larger producers up there at the cost of 32 bucks ex freight.  25 was cheap to her.

Packing ..... we can pack several drums a day just with a  settling tank and a lady pulling a cheap gate valve. The shop is a "pop out" shop built in a container that sits on the back of Stella and gets located on highways and byeways during times of peak traffic flow.  All income is cash . 

As me old mate Pan used to say when we were pulling honey in the northern hemisphere ..... "Nothing too it mate, it's all in the head. Just don't think too much or you'll blow a fuse"

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jamesc said:

I gave away a few two kilo pottles the other day ..... tradeable commodity ..... and commented that if they needed more, then they were 25 bucks each. The lady was having her honey freighted down from Napier from one of the larger producers up there at the cost of 32 bucks ex freight.  25 was cheap to her.

Packing ..... we can pack several drums a day just with a  settling tank and a lady pulling a cheap gate valve. The shop is a "pop out" shop built in a container that sits on the back of Stella and gets located on highways and byeways during times of peak traffic flow.  All income is cash . 

As me old mate Pan used to say when we were pulling honey in the northern hemisphere ..... "Nothing too it mate, it's all in the head. Just don't think too much or you'll blow a fuse"

Do you sleep?

5 Hrs ago is 3 am

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Do you sleep?

5 Hrs ago is 3 am

And we now know a good 8 hour sleep is important for avoiding dementia.

I am thinking all these people who go on about how they only need 4 hours sleep a night and make us solid 8 hour a night types feel like inferior beings may live long enough to regret their wakefulness .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

And we now know a good 8 hour sleep is important for avoiding dementia.

I am thinking all these people who go on about how they only need 4 hours sleep a night and make us solid 8 hour a night types feel like inferior beings may live long enough to regret their wakefulness .

how do you manage to sleep 8 hours a night ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Philbee said:

Do you sleep?

5 Hrs ago is 3 am

Sure ....  but the missus was snoring, the dog was going demented at a possum and scratching the door down to get at it. Then he disappeared for a pee  and the fire needed more wood to keep the wicked frost at bay  , so I had a cup of tea and a think. It's quiet at that time of day ..... no disney channel , nana's put her knitting down  and not watching game shows . The main man is  doing builder bob work at home for two weeks and I can sleep in. School holidays are great.

• Like 2

@jamesc I am so pleased I have wiped out all the possums in my area so I no longer have to get up a 2am to shoot the possum up the giant rata across the gully.

Or the dog .

Are you ever tempted to just shoot the dog .

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, kaihoka said:

@jamesc I am so pleased I have wiped out all the possums in my area so I no longer have to get up a 2am to shoot the possum up the giant rata across the gully.

Or the dog .

One cold Saturday morning when trying to sleep in I got up and shot the Rooster

• Haha 4

Just now, Philbee said:

One cold Saturday morning when trying to sleep in I got up and shot the Rooster

Did you eat it too ?

8 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

Did you eat it too ?

Na shotty

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kaihoka said:

Or the dog .

Heck no ..... not that one at any rate.

• Like 1

Hi guys just wondering what people are being offered for a multi floral manuka, NPA 5?