Jump to content
jamesc

Honey prices No. 3

Recommended Posts

Looks like Big Brother is in Charge of honey prices.

  • Spoon 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah I think it’s more a case of someone not following the processes.

any way what kind of “ honey marketer” doesn’t know the going price of honey.

also the way he described the honey shows he didn’t know what he was talking about.

If there wasn’t a process to follow you would have every man and his dog joining the forum just to sell stuff and that would be a real pain .

Edited by frazzledfozzle
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah thought about joining but just gonna lie here a bit longer.

honeydog.jpeg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Nah I think it’s more a case of someone not following the processes.

any way what kind of “ honey marketer” doesn’t know the going price of honey.

also the way he described the honey shows he didn’t know what he was talking about.

If there wasn’t a process to follow you would have every man and his dog joining the forum just to sell stuff and that would be a real pain .

Yay. Someone gets it. ? 

Not that anyone had anything  constructive to say on the subject in the 1st version. 

And we've already had a recent resurrection of the don't open topics to question moderation, discussion so there was no need for the 2nd one either. 

We'll see which way v3 goes shall we. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its the internet.  its always going to go downhill. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm curious to know where honey prices are sitting as in the not too distant future I is gonna have to open the cheque book again and start spending, and it would be nice to have an inkling of how far I can open the cheque book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jamesc said:

would be nice to have an inkling of how far I can open the cheque book.

Cheque book ? What century is it up that valley ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, yesbut said:

Cheque book ? What century is it up that valley ?

Metaphorical mate .... although the new smoko room is pretty much all recycled material and looks 19th century 'ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for non manuka honey, talking to two people today, one sold his honey for $9.00 the other was offered$3.50, so take your pick as to how far to open your check book

  • Good Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dennis Crowley said:

for non manuka honey, talking to two people today, one sold his honey for $9.00 the other was offered$3.50, so take your pick as to how far to open your check book

We're they both the same sort of honey .

Do buyers care that different honeys taste different . 

Or is there just Manuka and everything else .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dennis Crowley said:

for non manuka honey, talking to two people today, one sold his honey for $9.00 the other was offered$3.50, so take your pick as to how far to open your check book

 

Must have been desperate to sell for $3.50 that doesn’t even cover the cost of getting out of bed in the morning 

id rather throw it down the toilet than let some packer profit off my hard work for nixs

Edited by frazzledfozzle
  • Agree 2
  • Good Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

 

Must have been desperate to sell for $3.50 that doesn’t even cover the cost of getting out of bed in the morning 

id rather throw it down the toilet than let some packer profit off my hard work for nixs

Think I'll stay in bed ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cold enough to was a good frost today was moving some hives even the dog wanted to stay at home

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

 

Must have been desperate to sell for $3.50 that doesn’t even cover the cost of getting out of bed in the morning 

id rather throw it down the toilet than let some packer profit off my hard work for nixs

$3.50 was a packer trying it on "Ill help you out and buy your honey" yeah right. They didn't sell, arse hole of packer to even offer me thinks.

both honeys were pasture. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dennis Crowley said:

arse hole of packer to even offer me thinks.

 

 

Theres a few of them crawling out from under their rocks right now .

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

 

Theres a few of them crawling out from under their rocks right now .

It's called a free market and it's what makes the world go around.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yesbut said:

It's called a free market and it's what makes the world go around.

 

Yes you are right it just makes my blood boil that someone who has worked so hard to get a crop of honey would be offered $3.50 .

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free market my (insert A word here) ! It's called all sorts of things....like robbery, taking advantage, profit taking....you name it.....buy for a buck and sell for 100 fold ....the world the way we want it....not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

 

Yes you are right it just makes my blood boil that someone who has worked so hard to get a crop of honey would be offered $3.50 .

Do you think anyone will need to sell badly enough to accept that price ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kaihoka said:

Do you think anyone will need to sell badly enough to accept that price ?

 

I hope not 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At $3.50 Id hope that the seller would pass it onto another Beek who could carry it rather than undermine the industry by selling at that price

Its possible there are some packers with their backs to the wall also and are looking for some big paydays to get through.
.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what my willow dew absolute garbage would sell for.....If my two hives produced a boxful each some people must sitting on loads of the stuff..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, yesbut said:

I wonder what my willow dew absolute garbage would sell for.....If my two hives produced a boxful each some people must sitting on loads of the stuff..

I'll give you $3.50 for it... no on second thoughts I'll let you keep that stuff

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Charles said:

I'll give you $3.50 for it... no on second thoughts I'll let you keep that stuff

What does everyone do with it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2018 at 5:47 PM, jamesc said:

Metaphorical mate .... although the new smoko room is pretty much all recycled material and looks 19th century 'ish.

Hope it has a permit

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×