Hi everybody, I have a question about the eucalyptus gondii, someone has worked with?, could you tell something about as blooms, I have friends beekeepers in Uruguay that have hives around new plantings and do not know him very well, and I have curiosity, have told me to wait a little over 3 years to bloom, but once they do they are strong in many pollen and nectar, so, could you tell me something more?, thanks from Alberta.

Pablo Artigas

Apicultura

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pablo, I have planted a few of these at home. They are also called the cider gum, and you can tap the mature trees for sap, like a maple. However, I have a problem. I can't remember which of my eucalypts is which - planted them 15 years ago - so I can't tell you any more about them.

• Like 2
Pablo, I have planted a few of these at home. They are also called the cider gum, and you can tap the mature trees for sap, like a maple. However, I have a problem. I can't remember which of my eucalypts is which - planted them 15 years ago - so I can't tell you any more about them.

So eating pancakes with syrup is a gamble at your place then:eek:

• Like 1

Just went to the link for eucalyptus gunni and discover that I have the same tree with the whitish flower. There is 5 tuis on it every morning and most of the rest of the day. Some bees and flies. After the tuis, probably no nectar left. Started blooming a few weeks back. Are you guys serious that you can tap it and use as "maple syrup"? Any instruction how the tapping is done without killing the tree? Anything like rubber tapping? Do the bees drink the sap?

• Like 2