Mark K

Imported Honey on Trade Me

Hi all, found this listing on Trademe tonight.  I thought it was illegal to import honey into Nz from another country. I checked out their website and the honey is either from the USA or Canada.☹️

720588666(1).jpg

It is illegal.   Report the listing to Trademe, and to MPI please.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Definitely MPI because to me it looks like she already has the honey.

• Like 1

I think your right, if we don't want it delivered we can pop in and pick it up.☹️

Looks like chinese honey laundering  ..... NZ multi floral non manuka with a different sales spin ?

• Like 2

Wow,You people are good.I hope you realise it could be from a New Zealand supplier who packs for Y.S.using their label. I know who used to supply them but do not think he would put an American labelled honey on the shelf.In 2013 when I was exporting to the USA I saw the brand on a shelf in a Christchurch store.I knew who had put it there.When I confronted him he told me he had no labels of his own so used the USA label without asking permission of the label owners,that is the USA customer.

• Like 1

What caught my eye was the horrible looking label, thought it looked like a jar of peanut butter.

even if not imported and was packed for export I doubt that label will meet NZ standards

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Bighands said:

Wow,You people are good.I hope you realise it could be from a New Zealand supplier who packs for Y.S.using their label. I know who used to supply them but do not think he would put an American labelled honey on the shelf.In 2013 when I was exporting to the USA I saw the brand on a shelf in a Christchurch store.I knew who had put it there.When I confronted him he told me he had no labels of his own so used the USA label without asking permission of the label owners,that is the USA customer.

There were a couple of questions on the website ab.out where the honey was from USA and Canada was the answer. The plot thickens