Boot

Australian Manuka (jelly Bush) press release

If you have not seen the June 6th press release from Australian Manuka Honey Association it is worth a read. 

I have placed a link and comment on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/australian-manuka-adopts-revolutionary-mark-adam-boot/

If there was ever a reason to define ourselves and protect an industry under attack then this should be a wake up call. 

Adam

So, the Australians are about where NZ was for the past 10 years until the MPI debacle. A golden opportunity for export from NZ for the honeys that don't make the MPI standard is it not? 

No doubt the big C and some others are right into it.

While above is a bit tongue in cheek, I think they (Australia) may be actually helping to set the difference between NZ ( grown, packed and marketed) Manuka honey and the rest so to speak. That difference is the golden niche.

10 minutes ago, Ali said:

So, the Australians are about where NZ was for the past 10 years until the MPI debacle. A golden opportunity for export from NZ for the honeys that don't make the MPI standard is it not? 

No doubt the big C and some others are right into it.

While above is a bit tongue in cheek, I think they (Australia) may be actually helping to set the difference between NZ ( grown, packed and marketed) Manuka honey and the rest so to speak. That difference is the golden niche.

I agree. We need to capitalise swiftly and surely. 

Puriti = another young female dressed in white flowing gowns I dunno maybe it's just me but Geez haven't we moved on from that kind of stuff 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Puriti = another young female dressed in white flowing gowns I dunno maybe it's just me but Geez haven't we moved on from that kind of stuff 

I keep telling you it's Dansar in drag !

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, yesbut said:

I keep telling you it's Dansar in drag !

Hang on buddy! Now that I have grown a beard I can sail my long boat down and go Viking on you?

C6934D19-242D-4704-805E-CEA18DFD8149.thumb.jpeg.b0cb6237d7892d69edf90fd29be2e7bb.jpeg

And besides have you seen the amazing calf muscle definition I get in high heels??

Edited by dansar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yep it's winter

• Haha 2

On 11/06/2018 at 5:12 PM, Adam Boot said:

I agree. We need to capitalise swiftly and surely. 

I am waiting for the NZ Moonuka lobby to go on the attack and prove that OZ Moonooka honey is ineffective - and then someone (probably me/us) will point out that this applies to all Moonukaa honeys.

Then we get on to our really tasty beautiful honeys which should fetch fair prices.

9 minutes ago, tudor said:

ineffective

At ?

Ineffective at anything when taken by mouth when compared to other honeys.  And it has not been tested against other honeys, so it defaults to "ineffective" until shown to be effective.

22 minutes ago, tudor said:

Ineffective at anything when taken by mouth

Just making sure, although it could be argued that "anything" is a bit broad, eg appeasing hunger ?

Edited by yesbut