Adam Boot

Protecting Manuka - It's Happening

7 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Sorry I might sound a bit negative but I gotta say it’s weird and a bit yuk to see a young female in white floating around under the word PURITI :( 

LOL Frazz you must have a talent for recognising poor brand labeling. I recall when Ecrotek was first formed they had an emblem that looked like 2 bees mating. As I recall, it was you that first pointed that out, and Ecrotek removed it shortly afterwards. B|

• Agree 1

It's about as tasteless as having under dressed young woman drapped over cars at car shows.

And as relevant to the product .

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

It does smack of sacrificing virgins, drowning witches and other such superstitions. Maybe that's apt if we are marketing manuka mania.

Edited by Janice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

TBH I feel I’ve been a bit rude to a new forum member who may or may not have something exciting going on which is not what I intended. 

I was surprised at how strongly I disliked it and how it made me feel really uncomfortable and me being me I just opened my mouth and stuff came tumbling out.

But then I’m just a fat grumpy old person so don’t have any connection with anything hip and modern so it’s probably on point !  

( see how I put that hip little phrase in there ! ) 

Edited by frazzledfozzle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

If the consensus of opinion is that it 'aint right ...... it probably 'aint ...... but it might also be a smoke screen before the big reveal .

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Philbee said:

https://puritiprograms.com/
Is this it?

Find your ideal weight and a new-found vitality.

No - Unfortunately the PURITI web site cannot go live until we are closer to launch date. 

55 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Ahh good point James ...get everyone talking ...

Good discussion. Really though, it is just a holding image so that the Brand Name doesn't sit on a white space. The branding is quite unique and certainly different to current market offerings. Only time will tell if anyone likes it - Might be barking up the wrong tree entirely, who knows. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adam Boot said:

No - Unfortunately the PURITI web site cannot go live until we are closer to launch date. 

Considering all the negative feed back on the image will you change it .

If the site is not live there is still time .

14 minutes ago, Adam Boot said:

If it is not live. Why is it that we can still see it.  Why not just have the name on it's own for a holding image or a photo of New Zealand scenery.

1 minute ago, kaihoka said:

Considering all the negative feed back on the image will you change it .

If the site is not live there is still time .

Like I said. It is a holding image. A space filler. It is not on the packaging, in the brochure design or the website design or the point of sale designs. The image is one of three space savers I am using currently. 

7 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

If it is not live. Why is it that we can still see it.  Why not just have the name on it's own for a holding image or a photo of New Zealand scenery.

The answer to that is simple. Virtually every Manuka/honey Brand uses imagery of New Zealand scenery, Manuka flowers and bees and beekeepers. In fact there are over 220 of these brands all saying and showing the same thing. That is fine, but it really doesn't need another brand to do the same yet again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam Boot said:

Like I said. It is a holding image. A space filler. It is not on the packaging, in the brochure design or the website design or the point of sale designs. The image is one of three space savers I am using currently. 

I was writing my question at the same time you were writing your answer .:14_relaxed:

1 minute ago, Adam Boot said:

The answer to that is simple. Virtually every Manuka/honey Brand uses imagery of New Zealand scenery, Manuka flowers and bees and beekeepers. In fact there are over 220 of these brands all saying and showing the same thing. That is fine, but it really doesn't need another brand to do the same yet again. 

It must be a difficult intellectual challenge to come up with something different and cool .

3 minutes ago, Adam Boot said:

Yes, I understand that.  I was just meaning the holding image.

No problem as far as I am concerned as it is your call.

1 minute ago, kaihoka said:

It must be a difficult intellectual challenge to come up with something different and cool .

It is a fascinating journey from germ of an idea to delivery of a brand and a product. The easiest thing is to copy what's already on the shelf. It is much harder to be different. Making something 'Cool' is also really subjective though. What is 'cool' in one persons eyes could be really naff for another.  

Adam

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I would be disappointed if all this is about a Laundry Powder?
Purity, - Virginal ultra white dress etc 

• Haha 1

Thanks for the explanation Adam, and although the holding image created a ruckus, heck it's just the holding image, time to move on.

Great to have someone bringing in fresh ideas. Are you working purely on your own behalf now, or are you part of a group? Where will you source the honey you will be marketing? Are you looking at other products than just manuka honey?

Edited by Alastair

Great to see a new guy or organization on the block.It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

13 hours ago, Philbee said:

https://puritiprograms.com/
Is this it?

Find your ideal weight and a new-found vitality.

Hi Alistair. Thanks. This is to big for me on my own. The finance and resource required is to great. I am part of a group. The product range is more than just Manuka in a jar. There will be number of honey based products. There is also a selection of other NZ honey. We are sourcing throughout the country as well as using own own supply. 

I get it, a little anyway
The cross of the "t"represents the "Bar"which has been raised.

Interesting stuff 

Serious Question
How many Tonne p.a of Manuka Honey do you envisage your use will find a market for?

Edited by Philbee

7 minutes ago, Philbee said:

I get it, a little anyway
The cross of the "t"represents the "Bar"which has been raised.

Interesting stuff 

Serious Question
How many Tonne p.a of Manuka Honey do you envisage your use will find a market for?

Judging by the dislike for the picture, I will be lucky to sell one jar. 

Seriously though that is a big question. My projections are substantial, but I have been known to be wrong. If the consumer is ready for honesty and real over spin, then we will sell a lot, both here and internationally. 

Puriti is actually a very interesting Brand name choice and a brief study of various translations in Maori and it's English Synonym  "Purity", it adds up to an clever Pick although these subtleties might be lost on the consumer 

Ive used the word "Synonym" very loosely 

Edited by Philbee

The name is usually only a result of "The Story".  I'm interested in understand what the story is.  I know every man and his bee dog tends to lever off the NZ imagery / beekeeper imagery but that usually is a big part of the Story.

Perhaps it will be your Contacts on the sale side and your Contacts on your supply side as well as your access to market information together with the equity to get it up and running rather than the branding that will be key.

One thing I'm not understanding is where the "Protecting Manuka" fits in.  Do you mean that in a legal sense or another sense?

In any event I hope it goes well.

3 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

TBH I feel I’ve been a bit rude to a new forum member who may or may not have something exciting going on which is not what I intended. 

I was surprised at how strongly I disliked it and how it made me feel really uncomfortable and me being me I just opened my mouth and stuff came tumbling out.

But then I’m just a fat grumpy old person so don’t have any connection with anything hip and modern so it’s probably on point !  

( see how I put that hip little phrase in there ! ) 

would you be happy if they made there emblem a cake!!!!