Boot

Protecting Manuka - It's Happening

I follow with interest the topics on this site (great site by the way). The trials and tribulations of this industry are many and fascinating. My particular interest is Manuka, the protection and longterm success of this wonderfull honey.

The protection of Manuka is a subject I am passionate about. I see recently that this has become a little talking point. I believe New Zealand Manuka has so much more potential and the global market remains largely untapped. I also believe that we 'reap what we sow' and that means that we as an industry need to put in some serious effort to realise this potential. 

Sitting on our arses and hoping for the world to come to us is not going to cut it. As New Zealanders we must be strategic and visionary in our approach. Be different. 

Anyway, enough of the blah, Blah, blah. The key point is that some of us are trying to do something about it. We are going to protect the name, improve standards, raise quality, educate and inform the consumer and define New Zealand Manuka as the only genuine Manuka. This is going to happen. This is not an if, it is a when.

We are just a few months from the launch of PURITI Manuka - Then the game will change! 

This link is a little teaser and more detail will emerge over the next few weeks through to launch. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/manuka-honey-game-changer-2018-adam-boot/

Hopefully it will be of interest, but if not just jump to the next topic on the list. 

Cheers 

Adam

34200568_191389655024282_742561143528095744_n.jpg

Sorry I might sound a bit negative but I gotta say it’s weird and a bit yuk to see a young female in white floating around under the word PURITI :( 

• Agree 2
  • Haha 2

Welcome to the forum @Adam Boot, we've read a couple of your pieces here recently. Keep up the good work. 

P.S. Some of us would be keen to see some marketing the fabulous multifloral honey we produce too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bron said:

Welcome to the forum @Adam Boot, we've read a couple of your pieces here recently. Keep up the good work. 

P.S. Some of us would be keen to see some marketing the fabulous multifloral honey we produce too.

Hi Bron 

Thank you. I may have just put some focus on Manuka there, but actually the PURITI brand is also going to champion other NZ honeys with a focus on the purity of New Zealand, the quality of our products and our environment.  

Adam

• Good Info 1

9 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Sorry I might sound a bit negative but I gotta say it’s weird and a bit yuk to see a young female in white floating around under the word PURITI :( 

Love your opinion either way. 

22 minutes ago, Adam Boot said:

I follow with interest the topics on this site (great site by the way). The trials and tribulations of this industry are many and fascinating. My particular interest is Manuka, the protection and longterm success of this wonderfull honey.

The protection of Manuka is a subject I am passionate about. I see recently that this has become a little talking point. I believe New Zealand Manuka has so much more potential and the global market remains largely untapped. I also believe that we 'reap what we sow' and that means that we as an industry need to put in some serious effort to realise this potential. 

Sitting on our arses and hoping for the world to come to us is not going to cut it. As New Zealanders we must be strategic and visionary in our approach. Be different. 

Anyway, enough of the blah, Blah, blah. The key point is that some of us are trying to do something about it. We are going to protect the name, improve standards, raise quality, educate and inform the consumer and define New Zealand Manuka as the only genuine Manuka. This is going to happen. This is not an if, it is a when.

We are just a few months from the launch of PURITI Manuka - Then the game will change! 

This link is a little teaser and more detail will emerge over the next few weeks through to launch. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/manuka-honey-game-changer-2018-adam-boot/

Hopefully it will be of interest, but if not just jump to the next topic on the list. 

Cheers 

Adam

Hi Adam

Are you still associated with Watson and Sons, is this a W&S backed venture or are you independent and in no way connected to W&S?

Daniel

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Adam Boot said:

Hi Bron 

Thank you. I may have just put some focus on Manuka there, but actually the PURITI brand is also going to champion other NZ honeys with a focus on the purity of New Zealand, the quality of our products and our environment.  

Adam

Sounds good to me ..... give us a call if you need some Honey Dew ..... this is an under devoloped  resource that has the potential to revolutionise the world ..... it's a sugar but not a sugar  and I need a bright spark to do the science.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, dansar said:

Hi Adam

Are you still associated with Watson and Sons, is this a W&S backed venture or are you independent and in no way connected to W&S?

Daniel

I have had nothing to do with Watson and son for some time now. I am in no way connected to W&S.  PURITI is totally new. I would like to say it is all me, but it is not. It is a big team, big project and big venture. 

Cheers 

Adam

Edited by Boot

23 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Sounds good to me ..... give us a call if you need some Honey Dew ..... this is an under devoloped  resource that has the potential to revolutionise the world ..... it's a sugar but not a sugar  and I need a bright spark to do the science.

It is underdeveloped. It is another wonderfull superfood with some of the highest antioxidant levels of any honey in the world. I will keep in touch and drop you a line on LinkedIn 

Adam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds good Adam, look forward to the progress - and to seeing where Kanuka fits in ?

10 minutes ago, Pigswillfly said:

Sounds good Adam, look forward to the progress - and to seeing where Kanuka fits in ?

Thanks. I will keep you posted

2 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

are you going to offer up your services as a model. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nab said:

Now I would love to see that!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

How do you know it's not Dansar wearing a wig ?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, nab said:

Haaa heck no!

i just thought we had got past that whole virgin in a white dress scenario being linked to purity it just leaves me cold TBH, specially when she looks dead and is rising to the heavens  :( 

Whats that film where a young girl is possessed by Satan and runs amok 

Edited by frazzledfozzle
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Haaa heck no!

i just thought we had got past that whole virgin in a white dress scenario being linked to purity it just leaves me cold TBH, specially when she looks dead and is rising to the heavens  :( 

Alice in wonderland!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

It is underdeveloped. It is another wonderfull superfood with some of the highest antioxidant levels of any honey in the world. I will keep in touch and drop you a line on LinkedIn 

Adam

The interesting thing is that Honey Dew has high levels of Glucose oxidase which gives a high level of anti bacterial properties that in many cases exceeds Manuka .....  and by rights needs to be marketed as such. But then we enter a situation where consumers are being bombarded by different honeys with different properties  and all just ends in confusion. Honey dew, with no natural pollen, is the perfect honey for blending to meet the burgoeoning market for Manuka.

52 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Haaa heck no!

Exocist ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

Cheers 

Adam

Is that a name that most cultures can pronounce?

2 hours ago, yesbut said:

How do you know it's not Dansar wearing a wig ?

Say what?

• Haha 4

If this is the same marketing brain that gave us watsons 'black label' honey- (when I asked, no one could quite articulate what 'black label' meant except that the label was well, black) then count me out.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Haaa heck no!

I agree.

Its creepy as anything.

Puriti + dead girl in white dress = no.

Awful branding for anything honey.

The film sounds like The exorcism of Emily Rose, great film.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

I have had nothing to do with Watson and son for some time now. I am in no way connected to W&S.  PURITI is totally new. I would like to say it is all me, but it is not. It is a big team, big project and big venture. 

Cheers 

AdamExperience

•  

Experience

image.gif.2b714c07c36264e15c1ecab3b24c9191.gif

Marketing & Sales Leadership, direction and motivation for the world's largest producer of Manuka Honey.
    Defining and positioning Watson & Son LP BLACK LABEL Manuka honey as the World's Finest Premium Manuka Honey.

Challenge the Status Quo and ask the hard questions!
    Creating, defining and executing Brand manifesto and strategy.
    Target profitable business development through comprehensive market discovery. 
    The greater the knowledge the greater the opportunity!
    Driving strategy and opening new channels to market on the global stage. 
    Every challenge has a solution!

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Good Info 1