Jump to content
Lucy Tasker

New One Piece 12L Top Feeder

Recommended Posts

looks like a real winner.

just sad that we keep sliding deeper and deeper down the plastic slope. just too easy.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/06/2018 at 11:48 PM, tom sayn said:

looks like a real winner.

just sad that we keep sliding deeper and deeper down the plastic slope. just too easy.

 

Thanks for the feedback @tom sayn, we think the new design is a winner too! As youve highlighted above, we have no intention of dropping wooden frames, boxes or feeder rims. There will always be options for those who prefer to use wooden components in their hives :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucy Tasker said:

 

Thanks for the feedback @tom sayn, we think the new design is a winner too! As youve highlighted above, we have no intention of dropping wooden frames, boxes or feeder rims. There will always be options for those who prefer to use wooden components in their hives :)

i'm using plenty of plastic around my hives. even run some polystyrene hives. so the critic is totally me included.

since i had to burn my first few hives in the last couple of years i haven't bought anymore plastic. i'm thinking a lot "what if i had to burn dozens of hives?" .

but if i was building up i'd be itching about this feeder now. looks like the best i've ever seen that money can buy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The day this came out I had to pick up some more hiveware.  I went into Ceracell first and they loaded me up with a pallet on the trailer.  Poking out of the top of the wrapped pallet were about 50 blue top feeders.  I then drove around to Ecrotek to get more bases and frames and pulled up out the back.  I got out and a bloke said to me "looks like we're a bit late".  When i queried him he pointed to my trailer load and then to one of these new Ecrotek top feeders, and ended up giving me one.  He was a product innovation guy and we had a good chat.  I also like the look of these top feeders, they seem robust, it is just one part rather than a separate rim and insert, and they take 12l not the 8.5l I now get.  It's not cheap but not unreasonable.  I don't use the bee saver devices I use barley straw so I'm not sure about those.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The problem with the beesaver is if the hive isnt dead level the bees cant get to the bottom bit of syrup. I am going to try cutting up some bubble wrap to do the same job...

 

Edit-The new one up top gas fixed the problem with an extra bee entrence in each corner....

Edited by Kiwifruiter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kiwifruiter said:

The problem with the beesaver is if the hive isnt dead level the bees cant get to the bottom bit of syrup. I am going to try cutting up some bubble wrap to do the same job...

 

Edit-The new one up top gas fixed the problem with an extra bee entrence in each corner....

 

Hi @Kiwifruiter, as you mention, the bee saver in each corner allows bees to feed if on a tilt :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought one of these last week and I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×