Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dansar

Archive A Bee Garden - photo edition -

[quote name='Daley']Does it smell or have fleas? :D I have a large dog kennel too, you couldn't pay me to live in it[/quote] No, nor does the dog Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

haha noone ever says their dog smells :)

German Shep melamut cross so more wooly than hairy Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

haha I dunno, I had a shephard, she smelt :D but I still loved her I've got a border collie heading dog.. I could say he didn't smell but I'd be lying, not that I mind, he lives outside

Yeah she sleeps in the wash house due too earthquake anxiety. People say dogs know about earth quakes coming, mine does and tells the whole neighborhood Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

[quote name='Aquila']Yeah she sleeps in the wash house due too earthquake anxiety. People say dogs know about earth quakes coming, mine does and tells the whole neighborhood Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2[/quote] Poor baby :( Mine hates fireworks... he runs inside if he gets the chance, so I just let him, but usually only on the lino. once I let him sleep in the bath overnight on a whole pile of towels, he loved that.

[quote="phill-k, post: 21719, member: 128"]and a big green egg[/quote] and some giant toast to dip in it

[quote="kevin moore, post: 21625, member: 268"]a little shed for the back lawn[ATTACH=full]2448[/ATTACH][/quote] my partner would KILL for that... in the back, where the bees are, I wanted bees instead. I GOT bees ;)

[quote="Gwenda williams, post: 21759, member: 533"]my partner would KILL for that... in the back, where the bees are, I wanted bees instead. I GOT bees ;)[/quote] You could have both - the roof looks like its a gentle enough pitch to put the hives on top of. :D

[quote name='Erin']You could have both - the roof looks like its a gentle enough pitch to put the hives on top of. :D[/quote] he MIGHT object to the bees drinking his beer... though he is getting as protective of them as I am now. ;) The farmers irrigation goes over the hive occasionally so if he sees it coming round he puts a pallet over top to give the foragers some protection, very cute.

[quote="Gwenda williams, post: 21763, member: 533"]he MIGHT object to the bees drinking his beer... .[/quote] Just get him some of that new Manuka beer - kill two birds with one stone. [url="http://www.mata.net.nz/beer_range"]NZ Craft Beer Range | Mata Craft Beer NZ[/url]

made some Manuka wine once, for the first 12 months tasted real nasty and after that really nice

If you have to be on it for 12 months before it tastes good, I'll pass.:)

[quote name='Daley']I've got a border collie heading dog.. I could say he didn't smell but I'd be lying, not that I mind, he lives outside[/quote] Can the collie head? such intelligent dogs.

Uh naturally he can, but I didn't end up training him up, because I changed career paths :) Shame really I think he would've been quite good

[attachment=3089:name] little patch of the better part of the garden, and little Murphy

and now the workshop/garage[attachment=3094:name][attachment=3094:name][ATTACH=full]2628[/ATTACH] woops same one

The more weeds the merrier Kevin :D Good for the bees! Haha my garden looks pretty rugged at the moment, it's had no time put into it, all my nice fine days are spent bee keeping :)

[quote="kevin moore, post: 22624, member: 268"]Hobbit bee hive[ATTACH=full]2629[/ATTACH][/quote] That's cool! Can u take pics of the inside? It looks really interesting!

I thought u might have made one, I was curious to see how it works! I want to make a weird beehive one day, legal of course:D

[quote name='Daley']I thought u might have made one, I was curious to see how it works! I want to make a weird beehive one day, legal of course:D[/quote] wouldn't be to hard, hollow out a log put a couple of cool doors on it, have a lift off roof and fill inside with frames, easy as ah !!!!!