Numbering system for hives

Hey guys, looking for a numbering system to number hives, frames and apiary sites seems harder than it sounds as spliting hives and storing gear have complicated things, has any one got a good system in place for recording and tracking gear an sites?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always think what the end result/outcome is that you are looking for and then design or look for the answer.  Just numbering things has no other benefit than you now have a number on things.

I number all my floors, both hives and nucs. To me, the floor is the hive and whatever swapping or moving of hives or frames gets put in a apiary diary and I keep track of it all that way. My apiary s

19 hours ago, Jaspur M said:

Hey guys, looking for a numbering system to number hives, frames and apiary sites seems harder than it sounds as spliting hives and storing gear have complicated things, has any one got a good system in place for recording and tracking gear an sites?

Always think what the end result/outcome is that you are looking for and then design or look for the answer. 

Just numbering things has no other benefit than you now have a number on things.

• Thanks 1

I number all my floors, both hives and nucs. To me, the floor is the hive and whatever swapping or moving of hives or frames gets put in a apiary diary and I keep track of it all that way. My apiary sites are all the surname of the farmer, as then when you see them, you remember their name instantly and don't look rude by saying "hello mate". I don't bother with frames too much hassle.

Edited by Adam O'Sullivan
  • Like 1