Congratulations Daley and Chris!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aw gee thanks everyone. Here she is! Riley Brooke Hewitt Very fresh and a bit squashed, 8 pounds, born at 1:23am 18th May currently having a big snore off, and I’ve had about 2 hours sleep b

I got around to taking photos of the set of blocks John made Riley. They all fit perfectly inside the little beehive.   @john berry Thank you. This is by FAR the coolest thing

Little Buddha spam! Starting to get real smiles now, but still very serious!     Me and Mum, mostly Mum are setting up for a market soon, Riley is supervising and

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sailabee said:

It's winter, when a mild sniffle can put her off food for several days, and also a dump either way makes a difference to the numbers. She is absolutely perfect just the way she is.

I know. I’m just kidding ☺️

Her rolls are pretty darn cute

• Like 2
1 hour ago, john berry said:

Very cute baby. I was actually a bit scared of mine because newborns are so tiny but I'm over that now and just want to cuddle them (I give them back when they need changing).

She loves cuddles.

I’ve never been that keen on holding other people’s little babies so it was pretty scary holding my own one at first.

I left her in the same singlet for like 3 days when she was born because I was terrified of putting any clothes on her over her little head, so I would only zip her in bonds wondersuits, it’s definitely pretty surreal at first when you have a baby and you have no idea what your doing.

You figure it out pretty quick, I was quite surprised at the hospital they literally just left me to it, like I could ask for help but unless you ask they don’t help you.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Daley said:

I left her in the same singlet for like 3 days when she was born because I was terrified of putting any clothes on her over her little head

Too many guns & not enough dolls in your childhood

• Haha 5

3 weeks old today and getting weighed by my lovely midwife and friend Lena she’s now 10 pound 12 or 4880 grams

D07DEC24-59DF-4AF7-B375-D2ACD8C1BE16.thumb.jpeg.ab20cf5772eff22885c03d37b3092bb7.jpeg

6217150D-8F54-45A0-BD22-B32149C5B316.thumb.jpeg.dea6d232aa547d8adbc9bfe1ddc3e9d3.jpeg

I made these hand and foot casts the other day, I’ll have another go because these ones have a few faults but pretty happy with them as a first attempt 

5ADDDFDF-5DE6-4F9C-92E5-EF5F18947018.thumb.jpeg.79e570bd958e5e02c60dfc05d9641114.jpeg

8D71AF34-8800-47B5-B93B-811EAE72685C.thumb.jpeg.d3480abfbcb5d0c9886e0bd58dfb5491.jpeg

5862BE55-1704-4C33-BE1C-B4EB1BEE62C0.thumb.jpeg.6031f1d154406dcce66b4d6b89c43a6c.jpeg

• Like 4

My dreamy sleepy baby has turned into an ordinary newborn now who sleeps for an hour and a half at a time and wakes me often in the night then gets windy and spews all over me.

I’m still loving it though, a bit more sleep deprived.

I do miss Chris now he’s gone back to work it’s a bit harder to get all my jobs done but I’m still out stacking firewood when baby is asleep and getting everything done it just takes longer.

E04298E2-03DB-4499-87A2-17A98C7A8947.jpeg

5D122154-9DE1-4062-9F74-8066E158220D.jpeg

17D60827-CDD6-4EA5-8297-67E7D5285AB4.jpeg

• Like 1

@Daley are you feeding her lying down .

If she wakes and squirms 20 mins after a feed it's probably cause she has an air bubble in her tummy .

My milk came out like a high pressure hose causing my babies to gulp air .

If I kept their spine vertical as I fed them the air  vented off as they fed .

It was a pain having to sit up in the middle of the night but they settled better ..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kaihoka said:

@Daley are you feeding her lying down .

If she wakes and squirms 20 mins after a feed it's probably cause she has an air bubble in her tummy .

My milk came out like a high pressure hose causing my babies to gulp air .

If I kept their spine vertical as I fed them the air  vented off as they fed .

It was a pain having to sit up in the middle of the night but they settled better ..

I feed her in the lazy boy she’s lying down but on a bit of an angle so her head is higher than her feet.

Ive tried feeding her upright and I didn’t think it made too much difference.

If I feed her before she’s too hungry she drinks a lot slower but when she’s ravenous she gulps air and that’s when she gets bad wind, I try to just feed her all the time so she’s not being a guts when she gets a feed.

Also I express some milk out if there’s too much to slow down the flow a bit, I’m building up a stash in the freezer to donate to the milk bank for babies who are sick or mums can’t produce milk, but I have to go get a blood test for hep C and I’m dragging my heels because I hate needles.

55 minutes ago, Daley said:

I feed her in the lazy boy she’s lying down but on a bit of an angle so her head is higher than her feet.

Ive tried feeding her upright and I didn’t think it made too much difference.

If I feed her before she’s too hungry she drinks a lot slower but when she’s ravenous she gulps air and that’s when she gets bad wind, I try to just feed her all the time so she’s not being a guts when she gets a feed.

Also I express some milk out if there’s too much to slow down the flow a bit, I’m building up a stash in the freezer to donate to the milk bank for babies who are sick or mums can’t produce milk, but I have to go get a blood test for hep C and I’m dragging my heels because I hate needles.

Who doesn't hate needles.

When bubs gets bigger they can suck everything without getting air .

If you are still feeding at year old they can empty you to be like a flat balloon .

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Janice said:

Oh, she has such lovely eyes.

They’re a beautiful blue still, I can’t wait to see what colour they’re going to be but apparently it can take 9 months to 2 years for them to change colour.

It will be a minor miracle if they’re not brown 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

@Daley I think  the most significant early milestone is when you can sit them up propped up with a pillow.

It frees their hands up to grab things . They can really start to get the hang of toys then .

I’d say we’re a while away from that ☺️ I’m more entertaining myself than anything, I play with the toys ? she just supervises

• Haha 4