frazzledfozzle

UMF 90 I call it dodgy

This is supposedly UMF 90 ( I don’t think there’s such a thing ) Manuka from Airborne .

doesn’t look like an Airborne label to me and as far as I know Airborne market on pollen content not UMF.

do you think it’s legit ?

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/for/d/manuka-honey/6581551998.html

• Agree 1
  • Good Info 1

28 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

This is supposedly UMF 90 ( I don’t think there’s such a thing ) Manuka from Airborne .

doesn’t look like an Airborne label to me and as far as I know Airborne market on pollen content not UMF.

do you think it’s legit ?

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/for/d/manuka-honey/6581551998.html

Definitely wrong. You couldn't even bye umf 20 for that price.

Could be intionally misslabled, or could be that the seller does not know the difference between umf and mgo or something else and assumes they are Interchangable.

Edited by Jamo
Better ansewer

I'd be contacting airborne, as this is bad for their business

• Agree 1

I think it's 90+ mgo  not umf 

Airborne are onto it.

• Like 2

Even the label application is dodgy. All wrinkled at the bottom of the jar. Good find @frazzledfozzle we certainly don’t need anyone overseas trying to cash in on a product by fraudulent use.

• Agree 2

Yeah that looks shady af. Not cool.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daley said:

Yeah that looks shady af. Not cool.

Everything I’ve ever seen on Craigslist falls into this category, though others may have a better experience.

• Agree 1

As an Ex emloyee .... from many years ago .... and always taking a keen interest on their prices, and having looked today while down in Temuka, I would be pretty confident in saying that that was/is a very dodgy label. Not at all up to thier very high standard.

Honey wars are alive and well. 

I would say the person that listed it had no knowledge of what UMF was so could be an honest mistake. I believe the 90+ would represent the pollen count rather than activity level too. Label does look dodgy and I'm sure Airborne would be concerned!

I don’t think it’s a mistake I think it’s completely fraudulent.

on the front of the label it says  “lab tested 90+“ there’s no way that would have passed muster for export with MPI .

i think someone has sent over a box of unlabelled honey in an Airborne honey box and the labels have been made on someone’s computer and stuck on the front. 

• Agree 4

Yip i have to agree cheap as label not even on straight. I like the comment at the end i have many jars.

I bet you do matey. I'm going to drop this seller an email to see how many they have.

Although I like to look at things from every angle, I'd say you're right on that one. Needless to say it's not a legit label. The fact it doesn't state UMF on the label lead me to say that it could have been ignorance that lead to the UMF statement. Either way, the export of clear skin jars and bulk honey needs to be halted to protect our industry. In saying that, there would likely need to be concession made for honey being exported to be processed for medical devices until we can get facilities to handle that at home.

11 hours ago, yesbut said:

Airborne are onto it.

i would think the umf group will be onto these guys even faster. umf 90.............

i wonder if today's world trade agreements would allow to impose a law that all nz manuka honey has to be packed and labeled  in nz?

maybe allow foreign companies to pack their honey here, but no honey leaves nz without a lable.

amongst customer protection against fraud, maybe tut could be used to justify such a step.

any thoughts on that?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ApiTrak said:

the export of clear skin jars and bulk honey needs to be halted to protect our industry.

Who says it came from NZ? Could be anything. 

• Agree 2

Have emailed the seller, asked if they had a 100 jars. the reply was yes we do but wouldn't 

be ready until next week  they have to put the labels on. Or i can have them without the labels.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Have emailed the seller, asked if they had a 100 jars. the reply was yes we do but wouldn't 

be ready until next week  they have to put the labels on. Or i can have them without the labels.

I was tempted to email the seller to abuse them.

I hate liars and scammers.

I was disappointed there was no report function on the page 

• Like 1