Audit requirements - Product Recall

manz

So we had our Audit on Monday. 4 hours later!!! we have a pass with 4 Non-Conformances and 4 Observations. One of the observations is to do with Product Recall. The last Auditor gave me a printout which she said was sufficient but the new Auditor said no its not. So having read the Guidance Material which is 41 pages long I will now draft another document for my files. Has anyone ever done a mock recall which is a requirement. And what detail do you all put in your document - we only sell our drums to 2 large buyers so I don't see why I would need to put ads in paper and radio.

The Non-Conformances were that I hadn't done a training log for myself, a building and plant maintenance log has to be kept, we had written Manuka honey on our drums before getting test results (fair enough - we've just deleted the word Manuka) and I hadn't used the latest version of the HD which came into effect on 7th March, I had used the 5th February ones so I have to redo from March onwards.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby was saying that is who it will be .  They are very happy to make people do unnecessary documentation,  it is their bureaucratic nivana to force people to do it.  Interesting though they gave out all our honey sites to a honey potential packer/buyer right down to the gps locations.  We didnt sell to the buyer and had to get our honey back, both parties dodgy as.   The packer would have only bought honey from 15 sites if the deal had gone through but Assure quality was happy to give them everything with no authority from us.  We have been telling MPI for some years that is what is happening then we got proof.  MPI auditors much more helpful to deal with. We switched years back.