jamesc

The Department of Conservation.

36 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It makes it a little easier if you don't put a price on your time as well. 

Would take the sale of a fair few jars to cover the costs of running hives, equiptment, vehicles, extraction, packing, testing, labelling, red tape, storage, fees, transporting, insurance, to name a few... oh and labour for all of the above. 

Jeez someone remind me why I do it please

Because it's a Buzz ?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Because it's a Buzz ?  

Thanks! Amen to that. 

My team has 388 colonies left to escape dew poo this week... then shift em out, then a round of feeding.. then its the slippery slope to   HOLIDAY..  

bit of work around home and a hut to build so no overseas trip this yr. 

man this season has gone on and on, lookin forward to shut down for sure. 

39 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Thanks! Amen to that. 

My team has 388 colonies left to escape dew poo this week... then shift em out, then a round of feeding.. then its the slippery slope to   HOLIDAY..  

bit of work around home and a hut to build so no overseas trip this yr. 

man this season has gone on and on, lookin forward to shut down for sure. 

Aye that's for sure. Been some lifting this year. I reckon we got another month or so pulling strips, placing o/a cloths .... not sure I can be bothered to pull the dew, just move them out and sort it all in the spring.

I gotta go and paint the beach house up in Opotiki for a few months. Ready for next year :15_yum: . Oh, an catch up with merck !

Sounds like fun 

On 14/04/2018 at 11:15 AM, jamesc said:

Did you pay up ?

Sorry for late reply, been offline.  No didn't pay up and our hives are still on our site.  I did ring police who weren't interested.

• Thanks 1

Righto ... update on the DOC saga. The judicial system is a complex system ..... that seems to line the pockets of everyone except those that are worst affected .... namely the accused who are sweet talked into pleading guilty because that is the most cost effective and convenient option. OMG. And we are proud to call this a free country ??

The DOC prosecutor had a chat with our law man and asked if we'd like to  do a deal. It's called a diversion....  apparently it happens quite often, which simply means that we admit guilt,pay their costs, plus contribute to a charity of their pick and add a few extras. We get off with no conviction, get second dibs at any concession we might like to apply for and carry on as usual. FMG  pick up all the fines less a $500 excess. Sweet. Justice is served. 

Yeah right.

I don't call that justice. I call that a  ####### whitewash.  

• Like 3

Sometimes you just need to hope karma is real just hope I'm still here to see it.

Spent 5 years fighting over our house they took the money didn't do the work this they admitted to but it was there proffit.

But when you have the power of the brethren church behind you...

You can do what you like bit like DOC with government money behind you who cares if you are wrong.

• Agree 1

On 21/04/2018 at 11:55 AM, kaihoka said:

@jamesc I have been looking out for some pure rata honey on the shelves but have not seen any yet.

I want a jar  as a starter to cream my honey .

Do I have to go down the coast to buy it . I used to see it on the shelves .

I can supply you with some pure rata honey to cream your honey with

8 hours ago, jamesc said:

Righto ... update on the DOC saga. The judicial system is a complex system ..... that seems to line the pockets of everyone except those that are worst affected .... namely the accused who are sweet talked into pleading guilty because that is the most cost effective and convenient option. OMG. And we are proud to call this a free country ??

The DOC prosecutor had a chat with our law man and asked if we'd like to  do a deal. It's called a diversion....  apparently it happens quite often, which simply means that we admit guilt,pay their costs, plus contribute to a charity of their pick and add a few extras. We get off with no conviction, get second dibs at any concession we might like to apply for and carry on as usual. FMG  pick up all the fines less a $500 excess. Sweet. Justice is served. 

Yeah right.

I don't call that justice. I call that a  ####### whitewash.  

To me the whole thing seems extremely straight forward.

You were on their land, or your weren’t, isn’t that the crux of the matter.

Shouldn’t be hard to prove it either way, I don’t understand all the commotion you must have really peed in their wheaties for them to come after you like that.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bighands said:

I can supply you with some pure rata honey to cream your honey with

Thank you that would be great.

Would you like me to send you a jar of my honey .

It would be different to yours.

Can I PM you ?

On 5/05/2018 at 11:37 AM, kaihoka said:

Thank you that would be great.

Would you like me to send you a jar of my honey .

It would be different to yours.

Can I PM you ?

no problem at all

5 minutes ago, Bighands said:

no problem at all

You can't get PMs without being a donor....

So ... news update on a fetid can of worms.

This week we recieved a lawyers bill of about 5k for the wrangling so far with DOC. That has been forwarded to FMG who according to our insurance policy are obliged to pay.

We have indicated to DOC that we intend to plead Not Guilty. The diversion offered by them was more that  we admit guilt and take the easy road.  

I also did some detective work and offer up an apology to Roy Arbon on the coast . The bees placed next to ours at Kelly's creek were apparently not his but an established north Canterbury operator who should have known better, and was in fact on DOC land, and., unless he had a concession, was in breach of article 39 (1) ba of the act and in all rights should be prosecuted for being in contravention of that act. But because we did'nt get all grumpy about it like another Bee keeper down in Dobson ... what the heck eh ...  there was plenty of blossom for everyone.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jamesc said:

So ... news update on a fetid can of worms.

This week we recieved a lawyers bill of about 5k for the wrangling so far with DOC. That has been forwarded to FMG who according to our insurance policy are obliged to pay.

We have indicated to DOC that we intend to plead Not Guilty. The diversion offered by them was more that  we admit guilt and take the easy road.  

I also did some detective work and offer up an apology to Roy Arbon on the coast . The bees placed next to ours at Kelly's creek were apparently not his but an established north Canterbury operator who should have known better, and was in fact on DOC land, and., unless he had a concession, was in breach of article 39 (1) ba of the act and in all rights should be prosecuted for being in contravention of that act. But because we did'nt get all grumpy about it like another Bee keeper down in Dobson ... what the heck eh ...  there was plenty of blossom for everyone.  

Apology accepted but before you placed the hives  why did you not check with DOC to see if any other licencee was  near you.Just common sense or human values ,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bighands said:

Apology accepted but before you placed the hives  why did you not check with DOC to see if any other licencee was  near you.Just common sense or human values ,

I should have said ethics.I will not get too carried away.As you can imagine I was very annoyed to see someone next to me when the DOC permit applications state further than 3 km away from the other permit holder.

Now who in their right mind would post an apology on this forum.It just shows the integrity of the person offering the apology.This guy knows my phone number and my email address but instead of using the usual way of communication he has to resort to the forum.Is he scared or what?

4 minutes ago, Bighands said:

Now who in their right mind would post an apology on this forum.It just shows the integrity of the person offering the apology.This guy knows my phone number and my email address but instead of using the usual way of communication he has to resort to the forum.Is he scared or what?

No.  I think you are wrong in this case.  The accusation was made on the forum, so then so should the apology on the forum.  However, I also agree that a follow up direct apology would have been the thing to do also.   

• Agree 1

I guess it's a bit like hiding behind an alias I suppose. But now you are revealed we can chat and sort things for next year.

7 hours ago, Bighands said:

It's just attention seeking nonsense. All his posts have a similar theme. Having first hand experience of dealing with the gowanlea outfit I find these victim posts very amusing. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

It's another form of communication ? And for the record we sold 2500 of our N Island operation to NZ Manuka  two and a half years ago.

Edited by jamesc

Three years ago was the last time I had your hives boundary riding mine at whakaangiangi so I guess that's where I formed my opinion, but that's ancient history now and I'm over it. I do feel sorry for the beeks that you've done it to on the west coast though. 

Selling 2500 hives to nzm should have set you up so you never have to work again if the sale was negotiated well. Hopefully you're in a position now where a poor season or 2 doesn't put too much stress on the pocketbook. 

Uh huh .... thta's why we are now hobbyist's .

James, I am going to ask you how long have you had the site at Kellys creek beside me and do you know the history of beekeeping at the Kelly Creek sites.Both true right and true left.

20 minutes ago, Bighands said:

James, I am going to ask you how long have you had the site at Kellys creek beside me and do you know the history of beekeeping at the Kelly Creek sites.Both true right and true left.

I think it's probably better we met for a coffee somewhere ..... it's always better to look someone in the eye when discussing business.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, jamesc said:

I think it's probably better we met for a coffee somewhere ..... it's always better to look someone in the eye when discussing business.

I agree.