Any good pics of your bee sites?

Never taken a close look but pretty sure that chimney would still work. It's double sided ie a fire both sides, so must have been middle of the house not the edge.

I don't know when the house got burned, but it's not really in your turf Tristan, it's over Muriwai Beach direction

Edited by Alastair
  • Like 1
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My oldest (15 yrs old) is starting to get some recognition around the Waikato. She has been doing commissioned work of pets and wildlife.  This one is getting picked up today. Colour pencil and a

N Canterbury and W Coast

My massive apiary....  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

How did you get pics up?  

Im outta my depth making that magic happen. 

I woould comment on the clean suit but understand the owner of it is probably on the third set for the season

I dunno .... it just started working again uploading off the cellphone.  Thats Charlie in the clean suit .... that was at the end of the day .... Charlie did a runner a few days later .... Bees was'nt really his forte, but at least he now knows what he does'nt like !!

Aaah the Glentunnel store.. from about 9yrs old I spent the next 15 yrs buying a pie every Saturday from that store. 

My uncle worked for McVicars Timber and we pighunted GlenArlie every Saturday without fail, also a few other spots surrounding it. 

The boars always had great hooks outta there... Mt Misery is  rich in minerals. 

Sweet memories. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

I love pics of apiary sites.

theres some pretty nice paintings out there I would love to have hanging on my walls

a few years ago a mate of mine started to get a painting based on favourite tramping pictures commissioned annually from some local up-and-coming but yet to be charging much money artists.

i'm now jealous of his art collection, and only slightly appeased by being in some of the paintings

Edited by tommy dave
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, tommy dave said:

a few years ago a mate of mine started to get a painting based on favourite tramping pictures commissioned annually from some local up-and-coming but yet to be charging much money artists.

i'm now jealous of his art collection, and only slightly appeased by being in some of the paintings

Yo.... I love those paintings of bees and yards done by an Otago artist ..... Hieght ?  Nice price too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 4/22/2018 at 1:44 PM, dansar said:

My oldest (15 yrs old) is starting to get some recognition around the Waikato. She has been doing commissioned work of pets and wildlife. 

This one is getting picked up today. Colour pencil and acrylic.

image.thumb.jpg.20e8ffbf59e48994253effe4364ab5c5.jpg

That's is one talented girl. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1