Alastair

Any good pics of your bee sites?

16 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

How do you stop the pondederia Cordata from taking over .? 

Everything is in pots, except the big lily which is in it's own deep soil depression. I do have to weed, the blasted Bladderwort.

28 minutes ago, yesbut said:

Everything is in pots, except the big lily which is in it's own deep soil depression. I do have to weed, the blasted Bladderwort.

I have egeria.

I wonder if it is worse than bladderwort.

On 2/04/2018 at 6:36 PM, Daley said:

Plus dad insisted on using brass hinges and it was expensive and fiddly lol

Next time make him use zinc plated with brass pins...

11 minutes ago, kevin moore said:

this ones just down the road a little,

bee keeper.jpg

Heart attack.

16 minutes ago, kevin moore said:

bee keeper.jpg

Keeping abreast of beekeeping styles.

Just now, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Keeping abreast of beekeeping styles.

Clearly she has an allergy to bees. She appears to have been stung at least twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Man I’ll bet she has some serious back pain. Don’t take her on she’s gunna spend all her time on ACC

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevin moore said:

bee keeper.jpg

beehive? what beehive ?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I get so hot under the collar when I see those stupidly ............. undersized box handles... who ever thought tiny box handles were a good idea should be made to stack a truckload of full ones all day.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Daley said:

Man I’ll bet she has some serious back pain. Don’t take her on she’s gunna spend all her time on ACC

Do you think her expanded mammary glands would be a nuisance when she was lifting full supers .

1 minute ago, kaihoka said:

Do you think her expanded mammary glands would be a nuisance when she was lifting full supers .

I think there would be a snowflakes chance that a bird like that could lift a full super

• Haha 1

i agree Daly, but we would be happy watching her try. she'd at least be good for moving a unstrapped hive as she got something good to hold lid on while carrying it

She might be ok at making sandwiches

Truth is she'll have to have it all removed again at some point and end up messed up and thousands of dollars poorer. Don't know why people inflict these deformities on themselves.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Alastair said:

Truth is she'll have to have it all removed again at some point and end up messed up and thousands of dollars poorer. Don't know why people inflict these deformities on themselves.

Looking like that probably pays well enough at the beginning to be able to afford the surgery later .

Maybe. But I was once involved with a nightclub, several of the staff were aspiring models who had to sweat it out serving booze to support themselves while waiting for the occasional photo shoot, it was sad.

Look at the girl in that pic. She got a nice natural smile, with her mouth. But look at the eyes, she looks used, and tired.

Edited by Alastair
  • Like 1

Wowee! Some nice spots there. Makes me want to go hunting. 

On 4/3/2018 at 2:58 PM, Alastair said:

Maybe. But I was once involved with a nightclub, several of the staff were aspiring models who had to sweat it out serving booze to support themselves while waiting for the occasional photo shoot, it was sad.

Look at the girl in that pic. She got a nice natural smile, with her mouth. But look at the eyes, she looks used, and tired.

I don’t know Alistair, she’s just suppered up that hive and looks like its a hot day buy the beekeeping suit she’s wearing, just needs a break, and some of Daleys sandwiches

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, kaihoka said:

I agree.lots of sites with a rhodo, lemon tree and sometimes a chimney 

Here's one with the chimney, scenic but kinda lonely, knowing once a family was raised there, now they gone and almost nothing to remember they even existed.

chimney.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Alastair said:

Here's one with the chimney, scenic but kinda lonely, knowing once a family was raised there, now they gone and almost nothing to remember they even existed.

chimney.jpg

That chimney looks pretty intact . 

Looks like it would still work .

40 minutes ago, Alastair said:

chimney.jpg

that looks familiar. if its the one i'm thinking off house burnt down ~10 years ago or so. 

1 minute ago, tristan said:

that looks familiar. if its the one i'm thinking off house burnt down ~10 years ago or so. 

That will be why it looks so intact.

I was thinking about the  crumbling 100 yr old chimneys round here and was impressed at how well things lasted in Auckland .