• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what you want growing in your lawn Trev, these are from the Wairarapa today!

We have those and have decided somehow in the past they're not edible, can't find the info now.  Have a go at this ID key... https://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/resources/identification/fungi

I think we have something similar. You say it's fawn underneath , it looks a bit brown in the photo. Generally if it's white underneath it will kill you . I think I have death caps arou

Posted Images

I think we have something similar.

You say it's fawn underneath , it looks a bit brown in the photo.

Generally if it's white underneath it will kill you .

I think I have death caps around my place which makes me nervous about eating anything not pretty brown underneath .

• Thanks 1

These death caps have that name because they look like edible mushrooms, and in my career I've seen a couple of families all die from a good feed.

Here are two which are easier, one is just made of cement and painted.  Which is which ?

poisonous-mushroom.thumb.jpg.5af627963aadf4d4a74088638bcc8942.jpgmaybe-poisonous-mushroom.thumb.jpg.e034d6e41f3c19830c7d04e28c8c7061.jpg

• 2 weeks later...