Jump to content
dansar

Trademe - selling honey bees, change of policy

Recommended Posts

I received this email from Trademe

 

DE1C9204-CB86-4DE2-BE45-421263266C85.thumb.png.530846b7df470b6f18ac2962748b3105.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the email too, and am delighted. Hopefully the end of sales of poor quality nucs - some with clinical AFB. It will also dent the first year beeks selling very expensive virgin queens, as their rego number will indicate time registered/beekeeping.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree it's a good step forward but who's going to stop someone putting a false or cancelled number on the ad. Crooks will always be crooks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sailabee said:

as their rego number will indicate time registered/beekeeping.

 

No it doesn’t rego numbers don’t correspond to time in beekeeping 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you first registered up here over the last few months, your number is in the late 9000's. They are issued consecutively here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nikki watts said:

I agree it's a good step forward but who's going to stop someone putting a false or cancelled number on the ad. Crooks will always be crooks. 

One small thing I did was to do a search with my rego, and saved it to favourites. In the very very very unlikely event of a fraudulent listing with my number ... “bing”. Everyone can do at least that much. 

  • Like 3
  • Good Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the old used frames etc  that gives me the jitters.. newbee decides to save a few bucks and buys it... and on and on it goes. 

When I ask questions like , what happened to the bees that lived in there? I get told "oh they left" or "varroa" 

I don't think this will stop that at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It's the old used frames etc  that gives me the jitters.. newbee decides to save a few bucks and buys it... and on and on it goes. 

When I ask questions like , what happened to the bees that lived in there? I get told "oh they left" or "varroa" 

I don't think this will stop that at all. 

 

But it will help that TradeMe has a policy that allows them to pull listings that are reported. See a listing you’re suspicious of, then report it. 

  • Good Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how someone as an equipment supplier, who didn't actually keep bees of their own, would get on? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yip that's positive Josh 

Edited by Stoney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sailabee said:

If you first registered up here over the last few months, your number is in the late 9000's. They are issued consecutively here.

 

That might be the case up your way I wouldn’t know but down here they aren’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...