Sign in to follow this  
Guest Katie

bumble bee nest

Guest Katie

Hi we have found we have a bumble bee nest in one of our farm sheds in Leeston if anyone is interested.  contact is 021 044 9074  or 324 8333. many thanks

Hi Katie, 

Unless you really need to remove the nest because it is a nuisance, it will only last a few more months before the current Queen stops laying. Bumblebee colonies are seasonal. In the Autumn, the young Males and Queens leave the nest to mate and then the young Queens hibernate over the winter. If the young Queens survive to the Spring, they will find somewhere else to start a new colony. Cheers :IMG_0385:

I'm sorry if I've choose not relevant topic.. I need your advice.
can you give any info on hive located under ground? recently one was disturbed at our neighbors yard, now, there is a new hive in our yard...or maybe it was always there...not sure what to do. can it or should it be removed? what kind of bees live underground?

If the "bees" are yellow rather than orange, and they fly with their legs tucked up against their body, and they come and go out of a hole  about 3cm across then they're wasps and you need to kill the nest. 

Edited by yesbut
  • Agree 1