9 hours ago, mischief said:

I'm pretty sure it wasnt the Apilife that caused my Bay tree, Grape vine and Runner beans by the hive to all of a sudden start dying

you were using apilife var? recommend against that one unless you've got a few seasons under your belt and can recognise when a treatment has failed...

• Agree 2

On 22/04/2019 at 7:26 PM, tommy dave said:

you were using apilife var? recommend against that one unless you've got a few seasons under your belt and can recognise when a treatment has failed...

I have used this before but in late spring with jaw dropping results and the hive lived to see another year. That was last spring.

Oh wait.....I have got a few seasons under my belt now, lol.

No, I put this in because I wasnt understanding what I was seeing with such low natural mite drops compared to last year and as this had given me good results I thought I would see how it went. mid/late summer this time....no change.

So I was still worried and tried the OAV again....woohoo got 19 mite over 2 days then nothing.

The hive this year has been one big puzzle, but it is still there and still looking okay.

I did change things around so I could see them through the window over winter rather than just guessing and got a pre winter inspection done to make sure everything was okay, which it was and got given my over winter strategy to do.

for now I just watch and learn.

• Like 1