Are you still supplying them with small foundation or are they doing it themselves ?   Would your bees look the same alongside  mine ? 

Posted (edited)

You'll probably have found by now that they like SC in the brood nest but NOT for the honey frames.

Mine frames have the shoulders shaved down a la MB and they do not like these for honey.

Edited by mischief

On 24/05/2020 at 7:55 PM, yesbut said:

Are you still supplying them with small foundation or are they doing it themselves ?   Would your bees look the same alongside  mine ? 

I give bees wax foundation, small cell, in the brood nest area only, they build most frames very good, i get some frames 100% corner to corner all capped small cell, it is a nice site. if nectar is coming in fast or mid spring they can go and build what ever as it is very heavy wax foundation, I replace this as sometimes the use this wax to fill will nectar as it is so EASY FOR THEM to draw out. I also have a full apiary in normal black frames, and when you compare the bees the small cell bees are smaller. I have offered black frames as well to the bees but they do like the wax foundation, next trips will be heavy wax 5.4mm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1