Alastair

Heatstroke

On 1/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, Alanbee said:

Coke makes that problem bigger,

personally I do the following

1 I don't drink out of plastic (gives you man boobs) use glass.

2 water with half a lime or lemon and mint.

3 drink before you need it, by the time your thirsty your electrolytes will have already needed a top up.

Our bodies are an energy system run on electrologist the acid of lime or lemon feed and ignite our system.

No point being the hardest worker in the grave yard then you really would be a little dried out.

Rehydration ...... on longer haul bee moving that incurs a night stopover I generally throw half a dozen cans of Dr Speight in the truck chiller to chill out on in the midnight  hour of  a quiet valley. It takes the edge off the night and ensures a  good snooze !

The other night, after reading various articles on the web about new years resolutions and healthy living, I took with me a 2lt of orange juice. What a disaster. it was tooo sweet, I only consumed  a quater of it , hardly slept and woke up thirsty as heck and the sun belting down on the roof.

I'm back on the booze again. There was a reason it was made for and i'm not ashamed to admit it !!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 7

We found a key is partially freeze a bottle of 3L orange juice.   Weve just purchased hydration backpacks too. So minimal of 5L each.      Its a very long day in the sun on quads.

• Agree 1

It surely was a warm one yesterday. Got through about 4 L while at work and plenty afterwards. I have always just drunk plain water at room temperature. Not really sure that electrolytes are necessary as there is any amount of salt in our diets even for someone like me on a low salt diet. Cold water is not that good for you and it's hard to drink enough. By 12 o'clock yesterday I was having to stop for a drink every four hives or so and also slowing down a bit. When it's like this I try and start a bit early.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

To overcome some of the over heating we have experienced this summer, my wife sewed reflective insulation foil on top of the head gear, it works a treat. 

• Good Info 1

12 hours ago, john berry said:

It surely was a warm one yesterday. Got through about 4 L while at work and plenty afterwards. I have always just drunk plain water at room temperature. Not really sure that electrolytes are necessary as there is any amount of salt in our diets even for someone like me on a low salt diet. Cold water is not that good for you and it's hard to drink enough. By 12 o'clock yesterday I was having to stop for a drink every four hives or so and also slowing down a bit. When it's like this I try and start a bit early.

during the day for rehydration ....  A 1.5 lt water botttle  with a slurp of cider vinegar and honey .....

7 hours ago, Dennis C Earnshaw said:

To overcome some of the over heating we have experienced this summer, my wife sewed reflective insulation foil on top of the head gear, it works a treat. 

I bet it works, but I just have this image of people in white boiler suits and foil hats wandering around the countryside... ?

Edited by Josh
  • Haha 7