• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@tommy dave it is very easy for beekeepers who extract their own honey to identify Manuka. Firstly the hives location. Then when extracting It's sticky as, has a distinct aroma & taste and is some

I have to respectfully disagree with this ladies assumption, the person she was working with may have been pouring sugar into hives during honey gathering time, but to then lump all commercial operato

You met one beekeeper. you don't know her full name or who she worked for. She said some nasty stuff about her former employer. Based on her testimony and your experience to date ... the entire NZ bee

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Was there a few years ago still doing hard sometimes filthy habbit mine was at lest two 50s of drum a week. Still married happy wife happy life with you...

Edited by glynn

i'm not sure if apibioxal is just a product name but seems to be oxalic acid based product, and its use is the same as oxalic acid both drenching or fogging from what i can see. i use oxalic acid as a drench very early spring and after i take honey off before i put strips in.

Edited by Dennis Crowley

More test results. 

This lot is funny because I decided to get some of my clover/pasture batches tested- almost all of it has come in as multifloral manuka. What a joke. The last 3 batches are super light colour and have no manuka character at all. 

It also looks to me like 3pla is a marker for kanuka, not manuka. Shouldn't be in the manuka standard at all. I'm guessing it's only there because the researchers don't know how to tell the difference between manuka and kanuka honey. 

Screenshot_20180328-164835.png

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, john berry said:

Has anyone used apibioxal . As far as I can see is just an expensive form of oxalic acid. I could really use any local information I can get on this product and why people use either it or generic oxalic acid. I could really uses information as part of some research I am doing and the outcome could be important for all of us.

Appears to be oxalic and glucose.. vaporising leaves caramelised glucose residue in the bowl. 

Can be used as a drizzle also, mixed with syrup. 

Fair bit of info online about in in U.K.. 

generic oxalic is so cheap. Put a label on it and it ups the costs. 

Also contains Silica... as a retired Stonemason believe me the fear of Silicosis is very real.

Breathing apparatus is a must. 

Edited by Stoney
22 minutes ago, Merk said:

More test results. 

This lot is funny because I decided to get some of my clover/pasture batches tested- almost all of it has come in as multifloral manuka. What a joke. The last 3 batches are super light colour and have no manuka character at all. 

It also looks to me like 3pla is a marker for kanuka, not manuka. Shouldn't be in the manuka standard at all. I'm guessing it's only there because the researchers don't know how to tell the difference between manuka and kanuka honey. 

Screenshot_20180328-164835.png

I wish our results looked like yours !

• Agree 1

It wasn’t peer pressure that got me started because none of my friends smoked.

i started at high school I want to be a hard arse.

unfortunately since giving up I’ve morphed into a lard arse so I’ve gone from a high chance of dying from lung cancer to a high chance of dying of a heart attack :( 

• Good Info 1
  • Haha 4
9 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

unfortunately since giving up I’ve morphed into a lard arse so I’ve gone from a high chance of dying from lung cancer to a high chance of dying of a heart attack

could be worse... you could be a vegan. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

It wasn’t peer pressure that got me started because none of my friends smoked.

i started at high school I want to be a hard arse.

unfortunately since giving up I’ve morphed into a lard arse so I’ve gone from a high chance of dying from lung cancer to a high chance of dying of a heart attack :( 

Snap

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...