• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some needed my bees more that I did they taken the frames and bees out of 15 hives  they left the boxes and any frames that were branded behind   

wow, I'm really sorry for you. These people need to be locked in a phone booth with a large wasp nest thrown in.

I hear last week that I was not the only beekeeper that had frames taken in the wanganui area 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

That is terrible , all your hard work gone .

Did you mean to say they left behind frames that were not branded?

They took all frames of brood that were not branded 

we have been branding frames for about two years so there are a few hives  with frames that are not branded it take a few years to do them them all 

all frames that leave the shed are branded 

• Thanks 1

Get field cameras. Yip a cost setting up. I have both cameras and trackers. Got them via the internet from Aussie. Far too expensive here in Kiwi land. Definitely worth the cost compared to loosing more gear. 

It is amazing when reporting to the police and they reply " you all wear white suits so how is anyone to spot the theives!"

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/19/2017 at 7:07 AM, silverhope said:

Get field cameras. Yip a cost setting up. I have both cameras and trackers. Got them via the internet from Aussie. Far too expensive here in Kiwi land. Definitely worth the cost compared to loosing more gear. 

It is amazing when reporting to the police and they reply " you all wear white suits so how is anyone to spot the theives!"

You can buy trackers for as little as 14$ NZD and field cameras try Cabellas in Nebraska they have good deals in game cams in a camo colours.

Hey Chris .... if it any consolation .... The World Is still round and I why still love that little pozzzie behind the truck seat for that  stainless pump with an 18" barrel. Sometimes it's the only language that people will understand.I

If I told you then I would have to shoot you !  You need to become the master of disguise and intrigue .... maybe buy two,  just in case one gets stolen, if youget my drift !

Howz your season looking anyway ?

• 3 weeks later...

Flat paddocks are challenging, however think outside the square, how many times do you see the odd bit of culvert pipe, fence strainer etc left lying in a paddock, these make good mounting sites, the whole camera doesn't need to be visible, only the lens. I mounted one of mine in a dumped car wreck that had been left in the paddock years ago. If you want to mount a camera badly enough there will be a way, not everything is easy!" Necessity is the mother of invention"

Interesting they did not take the branded frames. Shows that this may be a good thief deterant. Even if they took the time to scrape out the brand, it would still be obvious something has been removed, who would want the risk!

Hope you get these issues sorted out eventually Chris. And oh, the reason I was going to contact you I needed some bee quick, but ended up I have enough. Will probably get back to you for some next year.

Edited by Alastair
  • 1 month later...

Have been sent a link that a D Keil has had 16 double hives stolen from the Northern Wairarapa over the weekend H4268 rego  apparently a ute load with another 16 hives blocked off ready to be picked up but not taken!!

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Oma said:

Have been sent a link that a D Keil has had 16 double hives stolen from the Northern Wairarapa over the weekend H4268 rego  apparently a ute load with another 16 hives blocked off ready to be picked up but not taken!!

This was on facebook about 2 weeks ago.

Timing does not make it any better.

• Thanks 1