Philbee

EzyLoader for sale

For power I'm using 2 x's 85 amp lithium ion batteries but when I first got it, it was running on a 85 amp deep cycle, which seemed to work, but Stafford Engineering told me this was a bit small and could eventually cause solenoid damage, they said I should upgrade to 2 x's 110 amp deep cycles. But the lithium batteries put out more cranking amps than a deep cycle but also perform like a deep cycle so I went with that. They are mounted under the deck. But the battery computer tells me that even after I have loaded 16 hives onto the truck it has never used more than 4% of total battery capacity so I may have gone a bit overkill.

Greasing, don't know haven't actually greased anything yet :/. But my buddy who got the other Ezyloader when we both got one, is right into all that, got all the gears, and telling me I should go to his place and do mine. I'll contact him and see if he would contribute to the thread. It's possible the main boom could be a sealed bearing but I don't know.

• Good Info 1

Wow..I've only just found this thread and obviously missed the auction, Checking pulse....umm trying system check :(

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alastair said:

For power I'm using 2 x's 85 amp lithium ion batteries but when I first got it, it was running on a 85 amp deep cycle, which seemed to work, but Stafford Engineering told me this was a bit small and could eventually cause solenoid damage, they said I should upgrade to 2 x's 110 amp deep cycles. But the lithium batteries put out more cranking amps than a deep cycle but also perform like a deep cycle so I went with that. They are mounted under the deck. But the battery computer tells me that even after I have loaded 16 hives onto the truck it has never used more than 4% of total battery capacity so I may have gone a bit overkill.

Greasing, don't know haven't actually greased anything yet :/. But my buddy who got the other Ezyloader when we both got one, is right into all that, got all the gears, and telling me I should go to his place and do mine. I'll contact him and see if he would contribute to the thread. It's possible the main boom could be a sealed bearing but I don't know.

Thanks @Alastair i was thinking something along those lines, is it hooked up to your truck aswell to recharge everything? Yeah the greasing is prety simple but the main boom itself is a bit creeky , i may just have to use an oiling can and drip feed something in

Also theres 3 controls on the cradle , 1 to lift up an down and another 2 that currently arnt working. What do they do? Assuming the button is for the auto level?

I was told by an American guy with a 19 year old Ezyloader that the main boom bearing gives out after a while, the symptoms being it gets stiffer to swing the boom, he has replaced it a couple times, I am hoping that problem has been fixed in more recent models. As yours is older that may be the case for you also. Would pay to give Mark at Stafford Engineering a call about it, they stock all parts for all models plus advise what to do.

The other buttons on your control would be auto level, and brakes. The brakes just lock the boom in place, so if for example you were hanging some honey supers in the air while inspecting a broodnest, you hit the brakes button, so the boom and hanging boxes will stay right where they are and not wander around.

• Like 1

Oh yes the lithiums, they get re charged by the truck alternator same as the main truck battery. But they run at a very slightly higher voltage than the truck battery, and the guys at the battery place told me the truck alternator will not quite get them all the way fully charged, which would shorten the life of them. So they put a solar panel on the roof, so every time the sun shines a bit more charge goes into those batteries to get them all the way up so they will last the ten years they are meant to.

But it all cost a bit more than I was expecting and seeing how little of the battery power actually gets used in normal operation, if I was doing it again I'd just get a couple of good quality 110 amp deep cycle batteries.

7 minutes ago, Alastair said:

I am hoping that problem has been fixed in more recent models

That pivot is under immense load and I think from memory its a couple of tapered roller bearings.

so its going to take a beating

Replacement bearings are cheap as chips and it isnt a big job so dont worry.

• Agree 1

Thanks Phil that's good to know. Maybe the first Kiwi guy to replace these bearings should get a few pics of the process and post it for the information of others.

And re secondary battery set up, it's pretty simple to connect extra batteries in with the vehicle recharging sytem, for around $120 at Supercheap I bought a VSR (voltage sensitive relay), which comes with wires and instructions, you just hook it all up and the extra batteries are included in the charging loop, but it stops the main vehicle battery from getting drained if you over drain the extra batteries. So if you run the extra batteries dead, the starting battery stays charged so you can get the vehicle started and begin recharging all the batteries.

• Like 2

On 13/10/2017 at 9:59 PM, Alastair said:

A new auto level thingy costs around $300 or so, and is easy to install, not a major.

Hey alister im still having trouble sorting the auto level sensor out, where abouts did you get your price on the auto level sensor? Cheapest quote iv got is $670

Stafford Engineering in Aussie, the guys that make the ezyloaders. The guy to talk to is Mark.

http://www.ezyloader.com/

Edited by Alastair
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I am in the middle of fitting a secondhand ezyloader 125 in a trailer and as Philbee said I have been asked to mount the unit over the axles of the trailer but in a position to minimise box loss. Question, does anyone have a wiring diagram as the unit came with all its power supply cabling removed, the power feed is obvious but the neg connection is not, obviously not to frame as the winch needs to reverse polarity to drive up and down, thanks in advance

kev

@kevh I have a manual level ezyloader and the earth is to the frame, I would assume yours to be the same as they are designed to be bolted to the chassis of a ute/truck.. good luck!

Yes, there is no specific earth connection it's just to the frame. So if you don't think your trailer would make a good enough earth you could put a bolt into the ezyloader somewhere and run an earth wire from that.

Thanks very much guys, just got to finish off the mounting this week and run the wiring

Pics or it didn't happen :D

• Haha 1

This is the base at jig up stage, needs to be braced back to trailer chassis when fixed.  Needs modifying as it came off a vehicle similar to this

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow that's some heavy duty vehicles you guys have over there! Guess you get in the mud quite a lot?

The sign says ezyloader 125, but they appear bigger loaders with a longer reach than most of the Ezyloaders we have over here, which are the smallest ones to go on a pick up. They are set up pretty different also.

Once it's up and running (if it isn't already), if you have the technology to do a video it would be great to see it in use. :12_slight_smile:

Edited by Alastair

On 2 April 2018 at 7:31 PM, Alastair said:

Wow that's some heavy duty vehicles you guys have over there! Guess you get in the mud quite a lot?

The sign says ezyloader 125, but they appear bigger loaders with a longer reach than most of the Ezyloaders we have over here, which are the smallest ones to go on a pick up. They are set up pretty different also.

Once it's up and running (if it isn't already), if you have the technology to do a video it would be great to see it in use. :12_slight_smile:

Still working on it actually (spare time job) split the boom just to make it easier to get into place, going to paint it, the factory blue I am told is New Holland Blue, anyone any idea about the yellow, evidently it's not the old New Holland Yellow so struggling now and Ezyloader do not seem to answer e mails

On 31/03/2018 at 5:15 AM, Kevh said:

I am in the middle of fitting a secondhand ezyloader 125 in a trailer and as Philbee said I have been asked to mount the unit over the axles of the trailer but in a position to minimise box loss. Question, does anyone have a wiring diagram as the unit came with all its power supply cabling removed, the power feed is obvious but the neg connection is not, obviously not to frame as the winch needs to reverse polarity to drive up and down, thanks in advance

kev

My crane motor runs off a deep cycle battery on the trailer and that Battery is charged through the trailer electrical/ tail light coupling so the earth issues are basic.
If you have a Trailer Battery be sure to use one of those charge balances so both batteries ( Car and Trailer) charge properly.

The owner wants to run a two battery system on his truck with split charge as you say and just plug the loader in with a plug socket system system that the vehicle recovery boys use, thanks for the advice though

6 hours ago, Kevh said:

The owner wants to run a two battery system on his truck with split charge as you say and just plug the loader in with a plug socket system system that the vehicle recovery boys use, thanks for the advice though

The reason I didnt go that way was because of the very long cables from the batteries at the front of the truck to the winch motor out on the crane Boom.

A 12 meter each way run at 12 v & 50 Amps through 25mm2 cable will drop the voltage by almost 7% which is twice the recommendation amount  

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Kevh said:

Still working on it actually (spare time job) split the boom just to make it easier to get into place, going to paint it, the factory blue I am told is New Holland Blue, anyone any idea about the yellow, evidently it's not the old New Holland Yellow so struggling now and Ezyloader do not seem to answer e mails

Your paint supplyer should have a colour swatch book in Agricoles (guess that's how you found the blue). Some yellows don't cover very well as in some times you have to use a tinted primer of similar colour to help with coverage of top coat.

Hopefully you should be able to fined a colour yellow in the machinery colour line similar to ezyloader. Just trying to think what the World company and country  colour charts are called...anyway plenty to choose from, then just a matter of what type of paint you want to use. Colours can be matched from photos or at least very close to the one you want.

Show paint supplyer ezyloader website and go from there.

Agreed. Had a few chips in my ezyloader so i went to a local automotive paint supplier and they matched it and gave me a pot plus a spray can of it, perfect match, can't even see where i used it. They have also coded it ezyloader yellow so if i need some more I can just ask for that.

Edited by Alastair

Thanks both for the replies, over here in UK we have similar system of swatches, I found the blue was New Holland blue from another beekeeper that uses  a 300, his nearest match to the yellow is something called sunshine yellow. We also have British standard colours here. My logic tells me that's if they used a common Agriculture colour for the blue then similar would apply to the yellow but from what I have foundered out so far that does not apply

Unit is up, running and owner has done a move or two with it, one problem is the curly cable down to the cradle is breaking up and the owner has asked me if it can we wired to work wi do like the later ezyloaders are from factory, has anyone done this and is it a generic remote kit or bought from Australia

kev