Philbee

EzyLoader for sale

Maybe the industry really is in poor shape,

The EzyLoader listed in the classifieds is a bargain if is as described

Its an ideal unit to go on a trailer and the winch is the more desirable hydraulic unit rather than electric.

$1000 ???

Edited by Philbee

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

Maybe the industry really is in poor shape,

The EzyLoader listed in the classifieds is a bargain if is as described

Its an ideal unit to go on a trailer and the winch is the more desirable hydraulic unit rather than electric.

$1000 ???

Your a bit out of date, it sold on Trademe yesterday for 2K

7 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Your a bit out of date, it sold on Trademe yesterday for 2K

Thats great

2K is still a bargain 

• Agree 2

Yes. If that was going when I bought my new one I would have snapped it instantly.

It's 13 years old but I would have reconditioned any moving parts that needed such as hydraulics or whatever and had the electrics checked out, would have been good. Whoever got it got a steal.

• Agree 2

Could have used the buy now here and got it for $1k. Lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Grant said:

Could have used the buy now here and got it for $1k. Lol

Almost did.

At first I thought it was a Typo and was supposed to be 10k

Even at 2k it signals to me that there is some pain out there curently

Im hoping its in good nick as i was lucky enough to win auction ??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaspur M said:

Im hoping its in good nick as i was lucky enough to win auction ??

It is you filthy mongrel. (I wanted it lol) It is 24 volt and a little wide so you will need a truck to swing it off. It had a few control/electrical problems so health and safety says it must go.  Anybody who read the auction on tardme would have seen that it is ex plant and food. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwifruiter said:

It is you filthy mongrel. (I wanted it lol) It is 24 volt and a little wide so you will need a truck to swing it off. It had a few control/electrical problems so health and safety says it must go.  Anybody who read the auction on tardme would have seen that it is ex plant and food. 

Haha i didnt think i would of won the auction but was patient and jumped on it just as it was closing ?

1 minute ago, Jaspur M said:

Haha i didnt think i would of won the auction but was patient and jumped on it just as it was closing ?

So.... How are ya going to get it down there? I dont think they would ship it..... Plus what sort of truck have you got to swing it off?

Just now, Kiwifruiter said:

So.... How are ya going to get it down there? I dont think they would ship it..... Plus what sort of truck have you got to swing it off?

I had the old man check it out hell hopefully get it sent down on a truck with a bit of luck, im hoping to mount it on my tandem trailer will make honey harvest a breeze this season if it all works out

Just now, Jaspur M said:

I had the old man check it out hell hopefully get it sent down on a truck with a bit of luck, im hoping to mount it on my tandem trailer will make honey harvest a breeze this season if it all works out

Powering it could be fun, Good luck (I am still slightly filthy that I missed it lol)

• Haha 1

Should have bid a bit more then, it's worth far more.

• Agree 1

Just now, Kiwifruiter said:

Powering it could be fun, Good luck (I am still slightly filthy that I missed it lol)

Haha i bet mate it was a good buy, i rung the guy in ozz who makes them, sounds like it wont be to hard to kit out with a couple batteries. Aparrently the auto level doesnt work either so theres a bit of work to do.

1 minute ago, Alastair said:

Should have bid a bit more then, it's worth far more.

I was dealing with staffing problems at the time :S

Sack them.

Edited by Alastair
  • Like 1

A new auto level thingy costs around $300 or so, and is easy to install, not a major.

• Like 2

Awesome i didnt think theyl be to hard to sort out, all the mechanicals work fine and was still in use up until sale

In NZ dollars something over 25 grand. Plus fitting, extra batteries and other incidentals. Yes I'm extrremely happy with it. 

Have used it quite a bit thus far, now I'm older and those honey boxes are feeling heavier, the ezyloader takes all the work right out of it. Last season I was finding it pretty tough swarm checking, having to go to sites and lift multiple honey boxes of each hive. With the loader, no issue just hang the boxes in the air, check the broodnest, and put boxes back. I still have to get the layout and accessability of some of my sites rearrranged to suit though but it's coming together. It will add several years to how long I can run a good number of hives. And moving hives was always a job I didn't like, now it's a piece of cake.

Edited by Alastair
  • Like 3

The obvious and intuitive place to mount the Crane is across the front of the trailer as in the demo photo link

However it has been my experience that this is method comes with unforeseen risks

The extra weight on the tow ball of the Tow vehicle can be very destructive to the rear suspension  of the vehicle when  towed across  undulating ground

It is worth considering at least the possibility of mounting the Crane on the side of the trailer, above and inboard of the wheels.

At first this may seem a bizarre idea, but in practice it isnt 

Mine is mounted approx 400mm inboard of the outside edge of the tires (Approx one box space)

Yes, my initial plans were to mount it on the trailer, but decided against that for a number of reasons.

Hey @Alastair, hope your ezyloaders going well, im currently in the process of getting this second hand one up an running and i was wondering if i could ask yah a few questions.

What are you using for a power scource?(how many batteries?)And how are you lubricating the main boom? This one has grease niples on all the rams except the main boom itself? Apart frome a few cracks here an there shell shape up to be alright.