Jump to content
cBank

Bayvarol

Recommended Posts

Yes i absolutely know who bought it, and it was $3000.

 

He even asked me first if i thought he should buy it, I said no. But a few months later he told me he went ahead and bought one anyway, and it died.

 

The person you refer to, has a conveniently faulty memory.

 

 

.

However i do agree with you Phil that taking offense can be offensive. The person we are discussing took massive offense at some simple questions to avoid having to answer them or explain his claims, and even accused me of insulting his mother. 

 

I have since heard from others that he has also been slagging me off offline, and he obviously got to you.

 

This was just an offensive ploy to portray me as a bully or whatever, to avoid ever giving a straight up answer to some honest and simple questions. I found the whole thing dishonest and offensive to me, and in fact years later it is still being dredged up to discredit me, in a totally off topic way, by you. 

 

So yes, it's offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Alastair said:

Yes i absolutely know who bought it, and it was $3000.

 

He even asked me first if i thought he should buy it, I said no. But a few months later he told me he went ahead and bought one anyway, and it died.

 

The person you refer to, has a conveniently faulty memory.

 

 

.

However i do agree with you Phil that taking offense can be offensive. The person we are discussing took massive offense at some simple questions to avoid having to answer them or explain his claims, and even accused me of insulting his mother. 

 

I have since heard from others that he has also been slagging me off offline, and he obviously got to you.

 

This was just an offensive ploy to portray me as a bully or whatever, to avoid ever giving a straight up answer to some honest and simple questions. I found the whole thing dishonest and offensive to me, and in fact years later it is still being dredged up to discredit me, in a totally off topic way, by you. 

 

So yes, it's offensive.

What did the sellers first name begin with, something doesn't add up here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would mean the buyers first name. P

Edited by Alastair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alastair said:

P

My guys first name begins with J. 
Lives BOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question. The person we shall refer to as "the vendor", has clearly been talking to you about me, at some point. Can i ask why that is?

Edited by Alastair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alastair said:

A question. The person we shal refer to as "the vendor", has clearly been talking to you about me, at some point. Can i ask why that is?

I Have no idea.
The person concerned has a first name beginning with J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

john jacob jingleheimer schmidt?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL you just won the funniest post of the year Pinnacle. 🤣

 

And Phil since you had information from him about me, clearly, you must have an idea.

Edited by Alastair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

john jacob jingleheimer schmidt?

 

isn't that the guy from the back-blocks of gizzy with the varroa resistant bees?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alastair said:

Well since you had information from him about me, clearly, you must have an idea.

I have not a clue what this is all about.
The person who referred to you has the first initial J as far as I know and I have met him and his wife 
Is Pinnacles post relevant?

 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The penny drops. 😄

1 minute ago, Philbee said:

Is Pinnacles post relevant?

 

Is your post relevant?

 

This is a bayvarol thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CraBee said:

 

isn't that the guy from the back-blocks of gizzy with the varroa resistant bees?

I remember that guy.

Didnt he have an Avatar of a shirtless Beekeeper

5 minutes ago, Alastair said:

The penny drops. 😄

 

Is your post relevant?

 

This is a bayvarol thread.

Well it probably is relevant since the issue was started in this thread and you have asked some questions in this thread.
 

14 minutes ago, Alastair said:

LOL you just won the funniest post of the year Pinnacle. 🤣

 

And Phil since you had information from him about me, clearly, you must have an idea.

Clearly someone has been talking to me about you,

What isnt clear is if we are both talking about the same person?
Its probably worth the effort to clear it up

Edited by Philbee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Its probably worth the effort to clear it up

Then take it off line and discuss it there.  There would appear to be too many crossed opinions on here to have a rational discussion.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And my post is definitely not relevant 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to live up in the Bay of Plenty .....😜

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

And my post is definitely not relevant 


which kinda makes it relevant :) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to Queens .....  Philbee obviously has some very good genetics ......  to have live bees year round is an achievemnt, which ever way you look at it ..... queens, staples, location.... all small factors that feed into the big picture.

The key to success is the attention to the detail. 

It possibly raises the question that if you have strong live hives year round .... how the heck do you keep them in the boxes ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jamesc said:

 

It possibly raises the question that if you have strong live hives year round .... how the heck do you keep them in the boxes ?

 

Possibly because they have the residual of the whole honey crop to defend and enjoy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kaihoka said:

I have read that to produce good queen cells hives need at least  two boxes very full of bees of all types , nurse, foragers etc.

Is that always true .

 

@kaihoka

No, this is not true. A nucleus colony with plenty of bees in it can produce very nice queen cells. A key attribute of a cell raiser is that whatever set-up you have for it, it needs to be well populated with bees. A good way to think about it is to look at how quickly the colony might start building swarm cells. A nuc full of bees will very happily do that so makes a perfectly decent cell builder. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Good Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my polys swarmed yesterday ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Since this is now the Off Topic Thread 😉, I have seen poly nucs with around one cup of bees, raise one pretty decent queen cell. In fact I've seen that many times, they can do it.

 

Queen cell raising can be a bit of a dark art, there are many variables. But the main mistake new players make is underestimating the number of bees required. Whatever the setup, it must be pumping with bees or the results will not be excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Back to Queens .....  Philbee obviously has some very good genetics ......  to have live bees year round is an achievemnt, which ever way you look at it ..... queens, staples, location.... all small factors that feed into the big picture.

The key to success is the attention to the detail. 

It possibly raises the question that if you have strong live hives year round .... how the heck do you keep them in the boxes ?

James I have good Bees for sure but they cannot bee considered "special" because I have not even remotely attempted to select for "special" bees
In fact my approach to selection has always been to use "Average" Bees for Breeding.
The super Hive I do have and have mentioned from time to time and is my Overdose and residue trial Hive is not one that Ive for one second ever considered grafting from.
That's because its an outlier or extreme hive.
My approach was to select from Hives that simply do what a Hive should do which does not include producing huge crops.
A good Hive IMO is one that marches along mile after mile, doesn't stumble or fall and gets the job done.
However I did start out with good solid Bees not rubbish.

If anything my Hives have regressed from the monster Honey making machines that Dallas first set me up with.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alastair said:

 

I rarely have too much kai in the bottom box, except in the weak hives. This pic is from a hive with no kai in the bottom box, that way they have room to fill it with wall to wall brood.

 

Notice in the close up, the queen is so keen she has even laid eggs in the gaps at the edge of the plastic. Wonder if Phil has produced queens like this in his "thousand hive years" LOL

 

 

 

 

brood solid.jpg

Brood solid 2.jpg

i always find that the cells in the frame edges look a bit suspect so i open them up, i'm paranoid on that checking front. It's annoying. Queen should know to stick to the frame programme!

obviously short of stores on that frame too.

 

i'm trying to figure out my hive years, not many anyway, a few hives for less than ten years - regardless of anything else i'm clearly less competent and less worthy of an opinion than someone who did a course two years ago then bought 500 hives and now has 750 hive years *assuming 50% hive loss that first season - but still clearly incredibly competent

due to their 750 hive years *assuming 50% hive loss that first season - but who is  still clearly incredibly competent due to hive years.

"hive years" without the breakdown of the hive multitplier and year multiplier is a crock of whatever in my opinion.

Edited by tommy dave
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, didn't know wether to give that post an agree, or a chuckle. 😄

 

Good thoughts Tommy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...