Carniolan queen, bees and brood

12 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

As far as I’m aware honey crystallisation has nothing to do with the type of bee it is produced by.

Maybe it is pure luck  than in 5 years of having carniolen breed next to italian breed their honey is just

smoother less crystalised after 1-3 years. My understanding is that crystalised honey has more sugar

content to water. Could it be carniolans just package their goods a bit less concentrated? Only two

hives so maybe not the best of samples.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of @David Yanke queens I got last year. Did graft a few queens of her last year. Will graft a few more queens of her this season.    The hive has started building up nicely with a good b

I was tempted to say something but in light of the conversation recently in another thread I have held my tongue!! ...which I have to say is very unlike me! 

As far as I’m aware honey crystallisation has nothing to do with the type of bee it is produced by.

Posted Images

As I learned the biggest impact comes from ratio of glucosis/fructosis in honey. Higher the glucosis faster the crystalisation. Also lower temps may increase speed of crystalisation.

OSR, sunflower, spring honey..  has higher content of glucosis than fructosis.

Edited by Goran