MissEmmz

What are bees foraging on at present

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Margaret Anne said:

There should not be heaps of drones! 

It shouldn't take me too long with one liners to get to 10,000 posts.  Long live HRH Queenbee

Please bear in mind that it has taken since 2011 for the likes of Trevor Gillbanks, John Berry,  Alastair and Frazzle Fozzle to rack up their impressive talleys.

Edited by Sailabee

Please bear in mind I am not being negatively critical of anyone!  If you are going to be that supersensitive, and not able to have a laugh, I won't be hanging around

• Haha 1
  • Spoon 1

6 minutes ago, Margaret Anne said:

Please bear in mind I am not being negatively critical of anyone!  If you are going to be that supersensitive, and not able to have a laugh, I won't be hanging around

Not super sensitive, just pointing out that many have given things a fair whack, and it still does take real time to get to a thousand even, but happy to see you break the record. Yesbut is also retired, and it has taken since 2012 to rack up his total.

It is easy enough to find most of the above info that you think I don't know, when you go into someone's profile.  Are you a police officer or an auditor?

An auditor, just like a certain A.Q one who has left,thank goodness.

• Good Info 1

2 hours ago, Sailabee said:

Please bear in mind that it has taken since 2011 for the likes of Trevor Gillbanks, John Berry,  Alastair and Frazzle Fozzle to rack up their impressive talleys.

If I ever achieved that many posts it would be sad statement on the fact I should get a life and get out more .

• Haha 2

Not to mention, getting out and working bees.  Gotta go  and plant some broad beans, cos the hunter gatherer neighour luvs em, and swaps for venison steaks

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

If I ever achieved that many posts it would be sad statement on the fact I should get a life and get out more .

Haha you are nearly on 6000 already !

• Haha 1

Today it was very still and calm and hot; hopefully good mating.  So didn't go near nuc yards.  Cos all the crops have been harvested, the robbing was fairly major in the grafting yard.  Fortunately no queens killed on hive manipulations.  Like never before, there was a lot of mating in the grafting yard, but it was queen ants!  Queen ants fornicating in the vehicle, around hives, on my clothes.  Have had that site for over 20 years, never been inundated like this before.   Polys in the town boundary, despite being in a cropping area are obviously on some sort of flow.  Prob pollen and nectar from the catsear on the large front lawn.  Polys seem to be doing v well amongst courgettes and tomatoes.  Up until now, queen cells drawn out on oregano and spearmint are massive.  The local guys who have each worked over 50 years in the industry and with a major knowledge in queen bee rearing and everything beekeeping can't believe the size of the cells and the virgins.  No feeding of syrup required on oregano and spearmint!  Those girls would pass a C4 test!  . 

So... has this got the us back on track for comments about bees, pollen, nectar, seasonal traits etc? 

I am sure that I have seen comments about there being 8000 subscribers to this site, and expression in the fact that very few comment.  Well I am not surprised!  I am used to producing 144 plus cells six days a week, queens and honey production, and quite frankly from some of the narrow mindedness' I have seen lately it is no wonder that people don't or won't contribute. 

If you want this forum to be successful, you need to accept different ideas in every aspect of the industry, and different scales of beekeeping etc.  I am not prepared to be part of this forum if there is narrow mindedness. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Margaret Anne said:

If you want this forum to be successful, you need to accept different ideas in every aspect of the industry, and different scales of beekeeping etc.  I am not prepared to be part of this forum if there is narrow mindedness. 

What makes you think this forum is not successful ? What makes a forum unsuccessful ?

Edited by yesbut

10 minutes ago, Margaret Anne said:

Today it was very still and calm and hot; hopefully good mating.  So didn't go near nuc yards.  Cos all the crops have been harvested, the robbing was fairly major in the grafting yard.  Fortunately no queens killed on hive manipulations.  Like never before, there was a lot of mating in the grafting yard, but it was queen ants!  Queen ants fornicating in the vehicle, around hives, on my clothes.  Have had that site for over 20 years, never been inundated like this before.   Polys in the town boundary, despite being in a cropping area are obviously on some sort of flow.  Prob pollen and nectar from the catsear on the large front lawn.  Polys seem to be doing v well amongst courgettes and tomatoes.  Up until now, queen cells drawn out on oregano and spearmint are massive.  The local guys who have each worked over 50 years in the industry and with a major knowledge in queen bee rearing and everything beekeeping can't believe the size of the cells and the virgins.  No feeding of syrup required on oregano and spearmint!  Those girls would pass a C4 test!  . 

So... has this got the us back on track for comments about bees, pollen, nectar, seasonal traits etc? 

I am sure that I have seen comments about there being 8000 subscribers to this site, and expression in the fact that very few comment.  Well I am not surprised!  I am used to producing 144 plus cells six days a week, queens and honey production, and quite frankly from some of the narrow mindedness' I have seen lately it is no wonder that people don't or won't contribute. 

Oh well .... adios amigo.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Margaret Anne said:

Examples please.

You started off with a very good post and then for some reason you decided to have an attack.  Not sure who about but to each their own.

90% of beehives in NZ are owned by about 30 entities.

This same sort of percentage is the quantity of beekeepers who just observe the goings on, on this forum.

No one forces anyone to participate or to stay.  Like everything else in the world, participate if you want.

3 minutes ago, jamesc said:

3 minutes ago, jamesc said:

yes well, it is adios.  Cos as you know people can be narrow minded.  I am not prepared to waste my energy on narrow mindedness.  There are heaps of open minded people in our industry fortunately, on all sorts of issues.

Just now, Margaret Anne said:

yes well, it is adios.  Cos as you know people can be narrow minded.  I am not prepared to waste my energy on narrow mindedness.  There are heaps of open minded people in our industry fortunately, on all sorts of issues.

What is your problem.  Tell us what we have done that has upset you and we may be able to rectify things.  

However, If you wish.  Adios amigo.

I probably started that ball rolling complaining about the italics.

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Margaret Anne said:

I am sure that I have seen comments about there being 8000 subscribers to this site, and expression in the fact that very few comment. 

thats pretty normal for all forums.

i'm on a lot of forums and they are all like that. a few regulars, a few that come and go, lots of single posters and tons of lurkers.

32 minutes ago, Margaret Anne said:

Ooops sorry margaret Anne ... too much Speights tonight honey. But I'll be good to go in the morning.

1 hour ago, Margaret Anne said:

Huh ?????

• Agree 1

Perhaps someone who complains about narrow mindedness is narrow minded because they don't like other people's opinions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Perhaps someone who complains about narrow mindedness is narrow minded because they don't like other people's opinions.

I'm still wondering what the other opinions might have been.

• Agree 3

Just now, yesbut said:

I'm still wondering what the other opinions might have been.

You and me both. Along with plenty of others.

Of course, no reply when I asked.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Margaret Anne said:

Can you tell us about how you go about raising this number of cells?

It may be that some people on the forum are narrow minded.  It may be that others are not.  Such is life in general I find.  

Edited by CraBee

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Haha you are nearly on 6000 already !

OMG  :51_scream:

Edited by kaihoka
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

You and me both. Along with plenty of others.

Of course, no reply when I asked.

read the post history. Probably upset about the levy result.

• Good Info 1
  • Haha 1