• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There isn't an active bee club within an hours drive of timaru. Geraldine did have one but it has gone by the wayside. However I could help put Kelly in touch with a hobbiest and a mentor.

Looking for Beekeeper in Timaru area to manage hives on Levels Valley farm.

Do you require the beekeeper to provide the hives? How many hives are to be managed? Is this expected to be a commercial arrangement or is it simply someone to look after hobbyist hives? Please provide more details.

Edited by Guest

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Answers to your questions:

Do you require the beekeeper to provide the hives? We are flexible, the beekeeper could sell us their hives if that worked.

How many hives are to be managed? As i replied to Jaspur, I think we would just start with 2 and trial that and then, all going well we would be happy to increase the number of hives.

Is this expected to be a commercial arrangement or is it simply someone to look after hobbyist hives? Please provide more details.- To start with we would just trial it to see how the arrangement works for both parties with 2 hives. All going well, yes we would ultimately like it to be commercial.

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,

Kelly

It sounds like you need a hobbiest who needs a place to put a couple of hives.

Depending on what you are wanting to achieve with having hives on your farm and the nectar and pollen sources available will probably determine how many hives you need to be economically viable.

@Kelly C the tradebee section is not intended as a discussion forum. It reads as though you're not really sure what you want or need to get started beekeeping. Consequently this topic will be closed.

May I suggest you engage with the beekeeping community in either the beginner beekeepers or the commercial beekeepers forum. Find out what it takes to keep bees legally and responsibly. Then, when you know what need you can place a wanted advert here.

Asking questions is the right way to start out. Just not in this part of the forum. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...