Lucy Tasker

supplier: Product Questions / Help / Feedback

10 hours ago, Alastair said:

If traffic gets bad and I can never tell before leaving, it's a half day round trip. Could I courier them? What's the courier address?

I'll send a couple of unused ones, plus an improperly drawn one as an example.

Hi Alastair, no worries - If you could courier them to 15E Kerwyn Avenue, East Tamaki, Auckland 2013 that would be great. If you attention them to Adam Rundle he'll be able to look after you from here - if you flick me a pm, I'm happy to give you his email etc for you to contact him if you'd like :)

• Like 1

Thank you for your attention Lucy. I am about to head down south for a few days so it's going to have to happen next week.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2017 at 6:40 PM, Lucy Tasker said:

Hi @Alastair,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and feedback. This is certainly something we have never heard before and given the amount of 30g waxed frames we have sold, it is a real surprise that you are having this issue. We will certainly try and work with you to help out but I am afraid I do not have any immediate solutions – as this is the first time we have heard of this happening.

Given you are in Auckland, if you could please bring the frames you have into our showroom, we will take a really good look and smell to ensure they are exactly as they should be. 

The smell is also difficult to understand so to have them on hand would be a great help. All our frames are sprayed with 100% NZ cappings beeswax, so their is no reason for them to smell like anything else.

Is there a day in the coming weeks that you could come in to show us?

I'm not having the same problem with the waxed Ecrotek frames.  The bees seem to draw them out just fine.  One thing in particular I like is that they usually have a nice even coating of wax,  I think it is a better frame itself and that the coating is much better than often incomplete and patchy wax coating on frames from the other major bk supplies company.  Perhaps it was just a bad batch?

Good to hear you are happy. After appalling results with pre waxed from another major distributor (going back a few years), I went to buying unwaxed and doing it myself, which has worked well with frames from either. The Ecrotek pre waxed are certainly better than the pre waxed from the other distributor.

• Like 1

Lucy I've run real low on frames and have had to use all the frames I referenced, for supering, so won't be able to send any. Just have to hope there's a good flow and it all works out. I've also ordered in some more frames but went with the 50 gram of wax per frame option this time, they look to have a much thicker coating of wax so I think it will go well, I'll be starting to use these frames tommorrow so will give some feedback in a few weeks.

If the other frames don't work well and there's a lot of burr I'll get back in touch and send some examples by courier.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 8:09 PM, Alastair said:

Lucy I've run real low on frames and have had to use all the frames I referenced, for supering, so won't be able to send any. Just have to hope there's a good flow and it all works out. I've also ordered in some more frames but went with the 50 gram of wax per frame option this time, they look to have a much thicker coating of wax so I think it will go well, I'll be starting to use these frames tommorrow so will give some feedback in a few weeks.

If the other frames don't work well and there's a lot of burr I'll get back in touch and send some examples by courier.

Hi @Alastair

No problem - please let us know how you get on :)

try that now - test message

@Lucy Tasker - is there a difference between the honey-max frames and drone frames, other than green vs pink?

funny if they're the same ;) then again, they're the same price so...

Edited by tommy dave

10 hours ago, tommy dave said:

@Lucy Tasker - is there a difference between the honey-max frames and drone frames, other than green vs pink?

funny if they're the same ;) then again, they're the same price so...

Hi @tommy dave The HoneyMax frames are the same as drone frames and pricing is the same for that reason :) We found them to be very beneficial when used in honey boxes, and the pink colouring is for easy recognition.

4 hours ago, Lucy Tasker said:

the pink colouring is for easy recognition.

:IMG_0380:

• Haha 2