glynn

Lyson gear

I see lyson have now turned up on our doors.

I missed the conference this year did any one have a good look round their kit

I see lyson have now turned up on our doors.

I missed the conference this year did any one have a good look round their kit

Yep

Thought it looked good, As in suitable for lighter honey rather than Manuka and lighter on the price than NZ made equipment that is targeted at the heavy honeys.

Thanks I like the idea of the screw wax press and the horizontal extractors. But I was looking at their bigger mating nuc boxes

Yep

Thought it looked good, As in suitable for lighter honey rather than Manuka and lighter on the price than NZ made equipment that is targeted at the heavy honeys.

My mother always taught me to never buy cheap stuff.

Manufactured in China, a stamp "made in EU" on it and ... european price tag.

I have a number of Machines (all bought new) that are made in China.

engineering lathe about 20 years old

engineering Milling machine about 10 years old

woodworking combination thicknesser/planer

a bench saw and dust extraction setup

My comment is all of these machines are satisfactory quality and cost around 20% of an equivalent European machine. If I were a rich man...

I have a number of Machines made in China, I consider the quality to be satisfactory considering the price was about 25% of a European machine

Engineering Lathe and Milling machines.

Woodworking bench saw and combination spiral head thicknesser/planer

On the other hand My chainsaws are Scandinavian made, the cheap Chinese made saw just didn't have the quality that I look for in a chainsaw.

Edited by Guest

I have a number of Machines made in China, I consider the quality to be satisfactory considering the price was about 25% of a European machine

Engineering Lathe and Milling machines.

Woodworking bench saw and combination spiral head thicknesser/planer

On the other hand My chainsaws are Scandinavian made, the cheap Chinese made saw just didn't have the quality that I look for in a chainsaw.

We have lots of good Chinese stuff.

However when we wanted a top handle chainsaw and choked at the sthil price we brought a cheap Chinese clone.

The logic was that at $250 even if did not last many years we could buy one every two years to match the price of a sthil.

However it is probably going to last a lot longer because it's such a piece of :crap: to start and use it's still in New condition.

We have a 20 year old sthil brush cutter that's still going strong

I only buy stihl or husqvarna power tool for the reasons above. 30 plus year on and they still start and work hard all day.

The work output from the stihl and husqvarna will beat the cheaper brands every time.

I would never buy the cheaper brands as the safety features often don't work properly.

How did we get onto chainsaws? Altho I totally agree Trevor. So anyone got experience with the Lyson uncapper??...haha

Agree with Trev, used to scrubcut and log many years ago and you only ever saw stihl or husqvarna, although now I think the smaller/cheaper husqvarnas are made in china.

• Like 1

So anyone got experience with the Lyson uncapper??...haha

Uncapper, wax press, poly hives, customer service... Why people are so focused on the details. They say the extractors are good, but the electronics as usual again is crap. Well, their hive tools are usable.

Manufactured in China...

Is some/all Lyson gear manufactured in China?

I have one of their poly hives and my initial thoughts were "blimey the oompah loompahs in Poland must be cheap and disposable" (because eg their poly hives have a number of plastic bits that need to be pre-loaded into the mold before injecting the polystyrene. Something that requires either very high tech/very expensive robots or disposable oompaloompahs and "flexible" oh&'s rules).

On 7/23/2017 at 7:15 AM, Scutellator said:

@Scutellator I'd like to know where you get your Intel from? because its wrong..

All Lyson products are manufactured and assembled on site in Poland, they have literally 4 small bits of plastic made in china.

The Pol's seem to really know their stuff when it comes to quality, affordability and aesthetics.

Have you seen their gear in person? or used it for yourself? could you elaborate on the electrics being faulty?

There's a showroom in Levin, you can have a look if you like. 

13 minutes ago, Callum Groves said:

There's a showroom in Levin, you can have a look if you like.

A fairly short drive from @Scutellator home base of North Greece.

• Good Info 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Callum Groves said:
3 hours ago, Callum Groves said:

@Scutellator

All Lyson products are manufactured and assembled on site in Poland, they have literally 4 small bits of plastic made in china.

so 100% of the electronics, circuit-boards, motors, etc are manufactured from scratch in poland. Interesting, good to know.

Are you involved with the nz distributors in any way?

On 24/07/2017 at 2:31 AM, Trevor Gillbanks said:

I only buy stihl or husqvarna power tool for the reasons above. 30 plus year on and they still start and work hard all day.

The work output from the stihl and husqvarna will beat the cheaper brands every time.

I would never buy the cheaper brands as the safety features often don't work properly.

Both Stihl and Husqvarna have plants in China.

Edit: I know you aren’t saying otherwise - they are awesome tools.

Edited by cBank

On 29.10.2017 г. at 3:09 AM, Callum Groves said:

@Scutellator I'd like to know where you get your Intel from? because its wrong..

From one Chinese manufacturer

On 29.10.2017 г. at 3:09 AM, Callum Groves said:

Have you seen their gear in person? or used it for yourself? could you elaborate on the electrics being faulty?

YES, to both first two questions. Back in 2010 for the first time.

But the good product market and sells itself and if I am lying, my opinion of a forum troll won't matter anyway.