Who's up for the sugar tax?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's BS won't make a fig of difference unless it set high like $10 for a red bull :(

Is 20% tax on a fizzy drink going to stop someone buying it, of course not.

It's just another government tax to go into the consolidated fund and another government finger in everyone's business.

What the hang is wrong with our country it's truely going to the pack

Edited by Guest
What the hang is wrong with our country it's truely going to the pack

The list of truely good things that are paid for out of our taxes is very very long. The only one tiny thing that's wrong is

the seemingly universal belief that more and more immigrants flooding in is somehow going to increase my quality of life.

The list of truely good things that are paid for out of our taxes is very very long. The only one tiny thing that's wrong is

the seemingly universal belief that more and more immigrants flooding in is somehow going to increase my quality of life.

The non benefit collecting, hard working immigrants will be paying for our pension.

• Like 1

why do you think immigrants don't go on benefits?

Most of us that have worked all our lives have already paid enough tax to cover our pension.

I agree with @yesbut I don't like the amount of immigration happening right now and I'm also against the amount of low skill / no skill immigration.

Did anyone see the article about the US cafe owners being denied residency and yet it's ok to sell our farms to foreigners and allow richlisters residency in 5 minutes.

Edited by Guest

I have always thought a sugar tax to be quite a good idea, although I wouldn't call it a sugar tax.

Any food with over 10g of fat sugar or sodium per 100gm should be included.

The reason being - fat people.

It annoys me that smokers pay for their own health care and fat people are getting healthcare for free.

We actually can't afford to look after all these fattys.

They're a far bigger drain on the economy then immigrants just saying.

I personally think immigrants are great, but we should only be taking quality immigrants who can fit into the NZ way of life, if they can't they shouldn't come here.

Most of us that have worked all our lives have already paid enough tax to cover our pension.

I think that's been proven wrong. Today's workers will pay for your pension. Too little of your taxes has been set aside. Lack of forethought by elected officials.

@Rob Stockley thats not my problem,

The taxes I'm paying now are going towards working for families, dole and sickness benefits, single parent benefits, interest free student loans all of these people are benefiting from my work and my taxes I don't think they have a leg to stand on whining about paying for my pension when Im older.

fat people are getting healthcare for free.

I'm a fat person, I don't have any health issues caused by my "fatness"

I very rarely get sick and if I do It's not bad enough to go to a doctor.

I work 7 days a week during the season like a lot of other beekeepers.

Why do you think because people are fat they automatically are costing the health system?

You say we are a bigger drain on the economy than immigrants, show me the figures.

Sorry but us "fatties" are here to stay, putting a 20%sugar tax on anything is not going to make a blind bit of difference

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
@Rob Stockley thats not my problem,

The taxes I'm paying now are going towards working for families, dole and sickness benefits, single parent benefits, interest free student loans all of these people are benefiting from my work and my taxes I don't think they have a leg to stand on whining about paying for my pension when Im older.

You could have paid your pension three times over and it wouldn't matter. You need people paying taxes to fund your pension. With the prefunding model we have now, my generation have to both pay your pension and save for our own. Fairness doesn't come into it.

Don't get me wrong. I want you to retire and live comfortably as much as I'd like to do the same myself one day. There's nothing to be gained blaming any generation and the governments they elected. This is what it is. Simply a cost of living in New Zealand and with that said I still feel like I've got a good deal.

I have always thought a sugar tax to be quite a good idea, although I wouldn't call it a sugar tax.

Any food with over 10g of fat sugar or sodium per 100gm should be included.

The reason being - fat people.

It annoys me that smokers pay for their own health care and fat people are getting healthcare for free.

We actually can't afford to look after all these fattys.

They're a far bigger drain on the economy then immigrants just saying.

I personally think immigrants are great, but we should only be taking quality immigrants who can fit into the NZ way of life, if they can't they shouldn't come here.

@Daley I can see where your coming from.

Just a comment, I have spent many years working for the elderly (mostly widowed women) and only the small skinny ones live to be really old.

• Like 1

@Rob Stockley im paying into KiwiSaver and still paying tax I'm also paying for those on the pension now.

Remember the money set aside for pensions was swallowed up and used elsewhere probably to pay for all the freebies available to all and sundry today.

Those taxpayers of the future that will be paying for my pension are the exact same people that I am currently supporting by paying for working for families handouts, accommodation supplements any the social welfare benefits you care to mention among a myriad of other handouts and interest free this and that.

What a total crock

Edited by Guest
@Shaun what age is really old?

Going by your statement it's a good thing the "fatties" die young that way they don't burden the taxpayers by paying the pension for as long as the " skinny widows" :P

I thought he meant that the skinny ones started off having the reserve and managed to live longer while using it up.

This little "fatty" has just been out lifting hives out of a flooded paddock, lucky I didn't have a heart attack in my unhealthy obese state.

Could have landed in hospital and cost the taxpayer some serious money.

Obese people are so disgusting they deserve all the flack they get for their greedy piggy ways.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I agree with @yesbut I don't like the amount of immigration happening right now and I'm also against the amount of low skill / no skill immigration.

Did anyone see the article about the US cafe owners being denied residency and yet it's ok to sell our farms to foreigners and allow richlisters residency in 5 minutes.

I did not like the low skill/ no skill immigrants cause I was always competing with them and they worked longer, harder and for less money than me.

If they had stood will local labour to drive wages up not down I would've have had no objection to them at all

@Daley I can see where your coming from.

Just a comment, I have spent many years working for the elderly (mostly widowed women) and only the small skinny ones live to be really old.

But the fat ones get skinny as they get old .

It's what happens

It does depends on the type of immigrants. I know of some war related refugees who has done very well for their family. Their community support each other. Some have real pride in themselves ensuring their next generation has a better life. Started businesses and have a drive to do better. There are those that do take advantage what has been offered and enjoy the new Kiwi life style of social welfare. They have a lot of stuff given to them with HNZ houses. Lots of support. No different to lots of Kiwi who do well and some are just like drones.

• Like 2
@Shaun what age is really old?

Going by your statement it's a good thing the "fatties" die young that way they don't burden the taxpayers by paying the pension for as long as the " skinny widows" :P

Since you ask, Mid nineties is old.

My grandmother got to 96 weighed less than 50kg and barely came up to my chest. Non of the men have yet made it out of their seventies, I'm planning to do so and have a (savings) plan as I don't have much faith in the government.

According to the Government bean counters about 60% of the population receive greater benefit from the "government" system than the value of the taxes they generate. In other words only about 40% of the population earn and spend enough money to "cover" what they receive.