Manuka Access & Per Hive Rates - West Coast

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's cause you are a north island softie.

Over 40 years ago I spent three days canoeing the peloris river while attending Outward Bound. I would like to say I remember the beauty and tranquility but mostly I remember the bone chilling cold wi

I have to find another 6 sites, one Kanuka/bush site owner wants 75$ per hive and the others are after no less than $50 plus honey??? Last year I made a 35$ profit on all these sites and after paying

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kaihoka said:

or i could just read investment magazines.

honestly they are full of invest in cannabis futures now.

its the same old story.

it was tulips once.

I have been following one in Canada called Tweed listed on their stock exchange out of interest. Never made a profit, apparently worth hundreds of millions.  Ridiculous valuation.  Stock price higher than their customers. 

Edited by flash4cash
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, kaihoka said:

Bee keeping is not the only industry to face a major shakedown under a new testing regime.

With the change of status of cannabis in California traditional cannabis farms in northern California got licences and went legit as the rules gradually changed.

One northern California farm which produces about 600 lbs of cannabis annually recently  had 80% rejected under the new testing regime.

For relatively minor things the black market would ignore.

So there will  soon be a 2 tier market of expensive cannabis that passes the test and really cheap black market stuff.

The industry will soon be  completely dominated by big business who  have no historical experience or interest in cannabis but can afford the very expensive controlled climate conditions to grow it and access to law makers to write rules to suit them. 

Perfect ...... who needs some black market manuka ?:3_grin:

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, kaihoka said:

or i could just read investment magazines.

honestly they are full of invest in cannabis futures now.

its the same old story.

it was tulips once.

Nup

You have been profiled.
Your overall approach fits with that of a grown up Hippy

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 12:39 PM, Hector Wong said:

Just like buying bitcoins. 

buying might not be a good idea but selling them is :)

covered part of the bathroom renovation by btc trade a few weeks back. btc trade felt like a victimless crime, very intersting. 

Although I processed all my btc positions and stopped making new ones. Maybe I should invest in manuka seeds...

On 1/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, black bee said:

LOL @Trevor Gillbanks

if you think stopping silly farmers tearing up marginal farmland where they have like 5 cows on hillside or paying someone not to destroy beautiful native bush is stupid then yea LOL.

probably best not to call farmers silly or you won't have any bee sites .....:18_kissing_heart:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, Maru Hoani said:

Has anybody come up with a price per hive or a percentage. I'm going to a meeting at the end of the month and am going to tell the owner no more than 20% that's the maximum I think I'm willing to go

20% of what ? The profit or the honey value 

On 1/24/2018 at 10:28 PM, jamesc said:

Maru .... I thought you had the good stuff up there .... the medical that ensures eternal life ?

If the profit isn't shared equally then you aren't equals whether its $1000 or 50,000. Some people just want more every year until something gives

• Agree 2

It's that vicious cycle... they want more hives on their farm so you give them more... which means expansion, coz everyone wants more.. then you meet them in the yard and get the old classic "jeez you guys are getting big now, and look at those new 4x4 Isuzu 550s with cranes, you beggars must be doing well outta it" 

without new reliable gear in some of the rough spots we go we'd be in trouble and if we don't at least appear to try to squeeze a few more hives in then someone else could get the nod next season... and on and on chasin ya tail. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2