• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there were thirty two hives in the yard with three boxes of honey at umf 12 .... it does'nt even bear thinking about. But I guess if you want to live with the big boys .....you gotta play with them :love:

there were thirty two hives in the yard with three boxes of honey at umf 12 .... it does'nt even bear thinking about. But I guess if you want to live with the big boys .....you gotta play with them :love:

do you have any idea who would have done this to your hives.

is this sort of thing done by lots of different groups for lots of different reasons.

was all this thieving and vandalism as common 10 years ago

No we don't I'm sick of this we've got more money than you so we can do what we like attitude that's rife in NZ now. I refuse to roll over and take one for the team if you lie, steal, take what's not yours you will be taken down. That's the kiwi way we use to stand up to the big boys and very politely wave the finger. Well there's my Friday rant

Idid'nt say u had to be nice in the sandpit!

• Like 2
what are the best kinds of trail cameras to buy. or should I say what is cheapest and seems reliable? and where do you buy them from?

If you can hang them off a building with mains available then the wireless IP cameras on AliExpress are a good option. We don't watch the hives themselves, just vehicle entrances to the property.

If you can hang them off a building with mains available then the wireless IP cameras on AliExpress are a good option. We don't watch the hives themselves, just vehicle entrances to the property.

Can you recommend a link to one? I think mains power good for the community garden and will go to hunting and fishing to find one for the farm apiary. The farm is safe but keen to see what animals come via the bush

Be aware that they may not drive in.

There was a guy here who had some walk and he had a camera on the gateway and they took the hives over the fence, the camera didn't see anything.

@Over Worker are those hives made from polystyrene or something other than wood?

Paradise hives, Polystyrene...went past that site this morning heading for the coast ( working :() and everything in same situation, the beekeeper has been told about it (yesterday ).

It appears that's a lid of the Paradise Honey hive, probably just blew off in the wind, doesn't take much with those lids.

I hope you are right, theres a lot of hives in that apiary they all have big rocks on top and sheltered.

It appears that's a lid of the Paradise Honey hive, probably just blew off in the wind, doesn't take much with those lids.

Would take an awful lot of wind to blow a frame clear out of the box though:eek:

Maybe someone was nicking a box and had the girls register a formal complaint:bee:

I hope so:mad:

• Like 1