Craig Howard

Apiweb Online Site ...password

Any one know how one gets a password to the Apiweb Online site?

I have a registered hive but as far as I know..that did not include a PW.

The Apiweb site does not have facility / function to register a PW or to retrieve a forgotten PW!

Never seen that on any site with a PW before!

If you e-mail them with your details they respond quick (maybe not on a weekend though) and give you your p/word.

Really? They email you your password? I'm going to try myself and if it is indeed "my" password in plain text, I'm going to moan something fierce.

Really? They email you your password? I'm going to try myself and if it is indeed "my" password in plain text, I'm going to moan something fierce.

Calm down, you can change it once you log in (y)(y)

Um i forgot my password. So i just rang up the apairy register gave my Apairy number and the nice person on the phone gave me my password.

No questions asked.

Not the most secure system....

Um i forgot my password. So i just rang up the apairy register gave my Apairy number and the nice person on the phone gave me my password.

No questions asked.

Not the most secure system....

I'll phone Sheryl tomorrow. I'm sure they'll appreciate the feedback and close this loop hole quickly.

The point is, your password these days should be encrypted in the database so it cannot be just read. If you loose your password a secure system will email you a link to reset it.

If it's stored in plain text and the database stolen, the thief can read your password and all your other personal information. As many people use the same password for everything, the thief now has access to your bank and everything else that password has been used on.

We all know about password safety and our own responsibility in choosing a password. But storing passwords in plain text is not acceptable these days, especially for a government database. Not cool.

But storing passwords in plain text is not acceptable these days, especially for a government database. Not cool.

Excellent. Would you mind giving then a call aswell?

Obtaining blood from a stone is all good in theory. But with no budget, I don't like your chances