flash4cash

Deadly myrtle rust endangers manuka and pohutukawa

I assume hebe being a Maori word does not have an S added. Aren't all maori words like one sheep many sheep one tui many tui lots of Hebe.

In Maori the letter B is silent such that Hebe is pronounced Koromiko.

In Maori the letter B is silent such that Hebe is pronounced Koromiko.

well well what a surprise. I knew I had a Hebe in front of my honey shed, now I know what a koromiko looks like. Thanks

• Like 1

well well what a surprise. I knew I had a Hebe in front of my honey shed, now I know what a koromiko looks like. Thanks

I might have stretched the truth a little. I know that Koromiko is a hebe. I don't know that all hebe are Koromiko. I suspect not.

I might have stretched the truth a little. I know that Koromiko is a hebe. I don't know that all hebe are Koromiko. I suspect not.

Yes, Hebe, Koromiko are synonymous.

I assume hebe being a Maori word does not have an S added. Aren't all maori words like one sheep many sheep one tui many tui lots of Hebe.

Don't think Hebe is a Maori word. The Maori alphabet I was taught at school did not have the letter "B".

Google is a great help ...

They

Yes, Hebe, Koromiko are synonymous.

This must be Maori. It's not European nomenclature. Hebes have been renamed to Veronica.

So, honky lingo has Veronica Salicifolia = Koromiko

Live and learn. I always thought it was a maori word.90 odd species mostly found in New Zealand. I don't think I ever picked up that there was no b in the language either.Mind you I tried to spell honey with a u the other day which gives an indication on how strong my spelling ability is.

• Like 2

Live and learn. I always thought it was a maori word.90 odd species mostly found in New Zealand. I don't think I ever picked up that there was no b in the language either.Mind you I tried to spell honey with a u the other day which gives an indication on how strong my spelling ability is.

It probably better than mine.

Auto correct and spell check are marvellous innovations I rely on.

But they do have a mind of their own

Live and learn. I always thought it was a maori word.90 odd species mostly found in New Zealand. I don't think I ever picked up that there was no b in the language either.

Maori never had a written language. It was the the early settlers that started to write down their words using the English alphabet. Looks like they didn't want someone to say they copy the English alphabet so they left the b out and said it was Maori. Ingenius eh?

• Like 1

Looks like they didn't want someone to say they copy the English alphabet so they left the b out and said it was Maori. Ingenius eh?

Huh? What the English settlers did was simply translate spoken Maori into English via transliteration so as there are no 'b' sounds (as well as quite a few others English sounds) then consequently there is no 'b' in the 'written Maori language'

In Te kuiti nursery now!! according to todays Herald

In Te kuiti nursery now!! according to todays Herald

You can suscribe to MPI on this link and you'll get the updates directly from them.

Subscribe to MPI