Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mel Peters

Archive Beekeeping Far North Style

Beekeeping at Great Exhibition Bay yesterday - awesome.[attachment=1800:name]

[quote="Trevor Gillbanks, post: 11117, member: 72"]How about explaining some more.[/quote] Hi Trevor I went to help out with checking some hives and swapping hive parts at a couple of sites near this area, then lunch on this amazing beach - looks like we were just in time as the weather up here has turned really grotty.

Great. Fantastic location for a photo op. Best wishes and welcome to the forum.

I should have put a lid on that box before i took the picture..... thanks for coming along Mel your going to be a great Bee Keeper....keep it up

It must be hard to inspect that one, when the tide comes in :)

[quote name='Kiwimana']It must be hard to inspect that one, when the tide comes in :)[/quote] Would that mean it could suffer from high humidity:what:

Havent you lot heard of Tua Tua pollination? :rofl:

[quote name='frazzledfozzle']great photo Mel :)[/quote] Thanks Frazz - it was a great day.

[quote="Trevor Gillbanks, post: 11126, member: 72"]Great. Fantastic location for a photo op. Best wishes and welcome to the forum.[/quote] It absolutely was - thank you. :)

[quote name='Greywulff']Glad you had a great time Mel and kool pic. nice first post (y)[/quote] Thank you kindly!!! Yeah can't be having any of that Drone malarkey. Are you capped already??? :rofl:

Yep and must be ready for emerging soon nu bee lol.... G.E.Bay is an awesome part of this country love it up there.

[quote name='NorthBee']I should have put a lid on that box before i took the picture..... thanks for coming along Mel your going to be a great Bee Keeper....keep it up[/quote] Nah the picture's all good - thanks for letting me come along :) , I hope I will be great and I absolutely will keep going. (Thanks for the 'bad habits')

[quote name='Greywulff']Yep and must be ready for emerging soon nu bee lol.... G.E.Bay is an awesome part of this country love it up there.[/quote] Ha ha - soon we'll be calling you a queen...:D Gosh it absolutely is awesome - we really do live in a beautiful part of the world.

4 sites & 6 stings later - great weather & great beekeeper company, awesome day (Tokerau Beach - Far North - .NZ) See pic below Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mel, i think i may move, is there room for a motor home on your lawn?.

[quote="kevin moore, post: 14277, member: 268"]Mel, i think i may move, is there room for a motor home on your lawn?.[/quote] With or without bees Kev.;)

[quote="Mel Peters, post: 14264, member: 236"] Tokerau Beach - Far North - .NZ[/quote] Yep great place the far north, I have fond memories of my two and half years in the Hokianga.

Send ya out on work experience Mel as part of the Telford course and you always end up on the :D beach sites :D That's why people enjoy the full time Telford course so much as the locations for the apiaries are so awesomely beautiful. And just when I taught it was me :( ........ :rofl: