frazzledfozzle

First Comvita now Oceana Natural

First it was Comvita with a lower than forecast profit now it's Oceana natural.

Both seem to have been hit by a downturn in demand into China and it seems Oceana is waiting on MPI's Manuka standard....don't hold your breath

Oceania Natural third-quarter sales growth stalls on unstable grey market - sharechat.co.nz

Both seem to have been hit by a downturn in demand into China and it seems Oceana is waiting on MPI's Manuka standard....don't hold your breath

Oceania Natural third-quarter sales growth stalls on unstable grey market - sharechat.co.nz

Our honeybuyer is not alone in halting all procurement of this season's honey. Their customers aren't wanting to buy. Everyone is waiting for MPI standards.... And waiting....

GOod time to be a slightly bigger than hobbiest sideline commercial me thinks....0

Not exactly a large turnover to be listed on the NXT ..... but I guess it's a gauge on whats happening.

Which maybe explains why the phone isn't ringing with people looking for honey .... unadulterated Clover.

Yes I wouldnt be reading to much from this unknown company. Their turnover is very small and market presence non existent. They listed last year and saw a 300% rise in share price overnight. All sounded like a bit of a stitch up and is regarded as so in the finance industry. Some of us are still actively buying honey to fill demand but just not stock piling until good old MPI give us some clarity.

My attitude is, Potter about in the expanding Queen yard, enjoy the Sun, plan some fishing trips, Explore some Manuka sites, Sit back and watch the wobblies wobble.

• Like 2

Me .... hoping We won big Wednesday so we can give the fingers to the corporate been giving us stress for over a year !

• Like 1

Corporate beekeeping ..... nuff said

In reality, is there really any such thing as sustainable corporate beekeeping?

I have my doubts.

Over time I think the industry will shake down into smaller units

I could tell you a story about corporate beekeeping Mr Philbee, but i would get into trouble if I did. And we live in a democracy where free speech is alive and well ...?

I could tell you a story about corporate beekeeping Mr Philbee, but i would get into trouble if I did. And we live in a democracy where free speech is alive and well ...?

Even so @jamesc. I am sure there are a lot of people on here who would love to hear the story, if you could keep it clean and out of the moderators axe.

Even so @jamesc. I am sure there are a lot of people on here who would love to hear the story, if you could keep it clean and out of the moderators axe.

I suspect he's not worried about moderators - more breaching confidentiality agreements.

I suspect he's not worried about moderators - more breaching confidentiality agreements.

Yes. And even with the best intentions there is always the potential for a liabilities case.

Still, I would love to hear the story. It would be a great BBQ story with some close acquaintances.

Yes. And even with the best intentions there is always the potential for a liabilities case.

Still, I would love to hear the story. It would be a great BBQ story with some close acquaintances.

So... BBQ at @Trevor Gillbanks place?

Hows James going to get there?

I think he has the ability to drive.... an amphibious car.....

I think he has the ability to drive.... an amphibious car.....

He's not a young man and it's a long way.

He's not a young man and it's a long way.

He seams belligerent enough to make it ;-)

Haha .... you very funny guys. Should have had the BBQ last week. Still, I might jump on the push bike and come visit as I've run out of money for diesel miles.Get a bit of fresh air and put life into perspective.

My wife and law man tell me to keep my mouth shut .... but Donald Trump didn't get to where he is by keeping his mouth shut ... but "live by the media, die by the media."

Suffice to say, whether we are right or wrong in our perspective on our dealings with a corporate,it is a story that needs to be told, gag or no gag.

David slew Goliath in the end right ?

• Like 1

Haha .... you very funny guys. Should have had the BBQ last week. Still, I might jump on the push bike and come visit as I've run out of money for diesel miles.Get a bit of fresh air and put life into perspective.

My wife and law man tell me to keep my mouth shut .... but Donald Trump didn't get to where he is by keeping his mouth shut ... but "live by the media, die by the media."

Suffice to say, whether we are right or wrong in our perspective on our dealings with a corporate,it is a story that needs to be told, gag or no gag.

David slew Goliath in the end right ?

He had Gods help tho....

• Like 1

Wellof course he did ... for if god is with us, who can be against us ?

• Like 1

Wellof course he did ... for if god is with us, who can be against us ?

All the other gods