Jump to content
ikwezinz

Oxalic and glycerine

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Philbee said:

 

I use polythene tape

You should man up and loose the dish gloves and taped ankles and feet.. a few thousand beestings a season makes your chest hair grow 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My arms are still swollen from no tape during the black Q episode.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stoney said:

You should man up and loose the dish gloves and taped ankles and feet.. a few thousand beestings a season makes your chest hair grow 

I just cant

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yesbut said:

My arms are still swollen from no tape during the black Q episode.

I must admit I do like a fat striped queen.. to look at.. soon as I open the lid and see the note stating queen the sleeves come down and the swearing starts, no mercy. 

Specially if weather is marginal or it’s early and everyone’s still home.. pinching the mutts is so enjoyable. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Philbee said:

 

I use polythene tape

 

 I think most who read a monumentally funny post by Merk several years ago would have stopped using tape for cuffs, either that or always carry spare suit etc  - possibly well before Philbee started beekeeping.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Alastair said:

Well hey just bought myself this. 😁

What are you going to whip up with the all that pink thread?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately Maggie, Phil claims this sewing machine infringes on his patent.

 

So i have not completed the purchase of it. 😕

 

Four needled beast of a thing that it was, I was looking forward to figuring out how to use it. 

 

But never mind. Since buying staples is denied me, I will proceed with making my own one way or another. In fact i already have a bunch of pretty mean home made ones and am looking forward to research and improvement, and eliminating some of the issues around OA / Glycerine use over time. This has been forced upon me, but as they say, necessity is the mother of invention. 😎

Edited by Alastair
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alastair said:

Unfortunately Maggie, Phil claims this sewing machine infringes on his patent.

 

So i have not completed the purchase of it. 😕

 

Four needled beast of a thing that it was, I was looking forward to figuring out how to use it. 

 

But never mind. Since buying staples is denied me, I will proceed with making my own one way or another. In fact i already have a bunch of pretty mean home made ones and am looking forward to research and improvement, and eliminating some of the issues around OA / Glycerine use over time. This has been forced upon me, but as they say, necessity is the mother of invention. 😎

I would be surprised if someone with the skills and access to the mountain of moth-balled paper and cardboard making machinery around the country does not see the opportunity, and set-up a specialised fibre based product with the structural integrity to eliminate all the sewing.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. Can't be too loose lipped though incase some mean spirited person figures it out and patents everything to stop any initiative.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Philbee said:

If you had wanted to make staples for yourself I would have gladly pointed you to the correct machine.

I have left provision in the NZ, Aust and USA patents for people to do this.
The machine pictured is the wrong machine on two counts.

One of those counts is due to its gauge of needle spacing.

That count causes any staple produced on that machine for any sort of gain and infringement of the NZ patent

The second count that makes this machine inapt at producing a staple is to do with its elasticator puller.

 

 

Is it possible to patent a straight line of sewing with a specific count?  Sewing machines have been round since the industrial revolution.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Sailabee said:

 

 I think most who read a monumentally funny post by Merk several years ago would have stopped using tape for cuffs, either that or always carry spare suit etc  - possibly well before Philbee started beekeeping.

Lol

Yes and that is why packaging tape is better than Poly tape.
Packaging tape will allow the sleeve to slide out of its grip if pulled hard enough

44 minutes ago, Sailabee said:

I would be surprised if someone with the skills and access to the mountain of moth-balled paper and cardboard making machinery around the country does not see the opportunity, and set-up a specialised fibre based product with the structural integrity to eliminate all the sewing.

Join the queue,

There are numerous entities trying this right now.
Even one University.

There are countless Beeks using Cardboard also.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stoney said:

 a few thousand beestings a season makes your chest hair grow 


ahh so that’s what’s causing my problem !

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alastair said:

Exactly. Can't be too loose lipped though incase some mean spirited person figures it out and patents everything to stop any initiative.

Try these
https://www.nzbees.net/forums/topic/13719-for-sale-ova-board-strips/?tab=comments#comment-228939

However the Varroa wording does need to be removed from the classified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philbee said:

However the Varroa wording does need to be removed from the classified

 

Like everything you do is 100% legal Phil. 🙄

 

People in glass houses.....

  • Chill Out 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philbee said:

Try these
https://www.nzbees.net/forums/topic/13719-for-sale-ova-board-strips/?tab=comments#comment-228939

However the Varroa wording does need to be removed from the classified

 

Either you have a short memory, or else you think  everyone else does, not sure which applies.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alastair said:

 

Like everything you do is 100% legal Phil. 🙄

 

People in glass houses.....

You're in a real stirring mood lately aren't you. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon @Alastair and @Philbee Let's tone it done a bit.  Everyone is getting rather tired of these personal attacks.

If the only way you can communicate is by constant swipes at each other then the moderators will take some direct action.

You are both to blame, so please don't point at each other.

 

I have given a lot of tolerance to this thread but I can close it and then delete the thread so all information will be lost.

Your thread also @Alastair

 

Sorry for the heavy hand but I have more things to do than police the kindergarten play yard. 

  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

C'mon @Alastair and @Philbee Let's tone it done a bit.  Everyone is getting rather tired of these personal attacks.

If the only way you can communicate is by constant swipes at each other then the moderators will take some direct action.

You are both to blame, so please don't point at each other.

 

I have given a lot of tolerance to this thread but I can close it and then delete the thread so all information will be lost.

Your thread also @Alastair

 

Sorry for the heavy hand but I have more things to do than police the kindergarten play yard. 

I personally think the thread has run it's course and should be parked somewhere as a resource.
 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

I have given a lot of tolerance to this thread but I can close it and then delete the thread so all information will be lost.

Your thread also

@Alastair

 

 

Yes please go ahead and delete my threads. Waste of time me posting them, I'll do my own work.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Philbee said:

I personally think the thread has run it's course and should be parked somewhere as a resource.
 

 

9 hours ago, Alastair said:

 

Yes please go ahead and delete my threads. Waste of time me posting them, I'll do my own work.

 

I don't want to kill either thread.  

I just want them toned down.

Let's see how it goes.

 

Thanks

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 threads i started, being an oxalic one and a box splitting one, were started with the intention of being helpful to all, but ended up being a waste and better they had not been created. I say get rid of them. They are a waste.

 

Can i block certain people from my threads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alastair said:

 

Can i block certain people from my threads?

That carry on can destroy cohesiveness for the rest of us I think.  Personalising things in a negative way is just hopeless on forums. 

Edited by yesbut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alastair said:

2 threads i started, being an oxalic one and a box splitting one, were started with the intention of being helpful to all, but ended up being a waste and better they had not been created. I say get rid of them. They are a waste.

 

Can i block certain people from my threads?

 

1 minute ago, yesbut said:

That carry on can destroy cohesiveness for the rest of us I think.  Personalising things in a negative way is just hopeless on forums. 

 

I agree with @yesbut I would prefer your threads to stay open.  They have been very informative to those of use who read them with an open mind.  The box splitting is particularly helpful, specially to less experienced beekeepers.

@Alastair I do not know if you can prevent someone from posting to a thread, but you can certainly block someone so that you cannot see their posts.  However, that can make it very disjointed when viewing any thread that that person has posted to.  That though only effects the person doing the blocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd only have to block one person and that would remove all negativeness.

7 minutes ago, yesbut said:

 Personalising things in a negative way is just hopeless on forums. 

 

I'd only have to block one person and that would remove all negativeness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...