Full details of the course are still being finalised however, topics will include
· Basic equipment requirements
· Legal obligations
· Recognition and control of diseases
· Time requirements and cost estimates
· Where to get equipment and bees
· Question and Answer session
There will be an opportunity to see live bees in our observation hive and, weather permitting, a hands-on experience opening the club hives.
Some protective suits and veils will be available but please bring your own bee suit if you have one.
Refreshments provided but please BYO lunch.
Location: Wine Research Centre, NMIT Campus, Blenheim.