Jump to content
  • entries
    10
  • comments
    25
  • views
    1221

25/7/18 Update

dansar

549 views

Getting colonies sorted today for a sale I made, so while in the back yard I checked on the nucleus colonies I have been building up over the past few months.

 

Nucleus 1 is now covering 4 frames and has 2 frames with brood on both sides, a total coverage of about 1.5 FD frames. 

This is excellent and the colony is heading in the right direction. By the end of August I reckon I will be moving them over to a 10 frame box.

35AAA0AA-221E-4D6B-958C-7DB9059CC3C7.thumb.jpeg.0f14f5d13af1f318e09aeefcf7dc49e0.jpeg07DBD5F5-F2DC-4C55-82AB-B707AF6F0DC0.thumb.jpeg.f1500cd108135d41ca201c9bcbb9a318.jpeg

 

Nucleus 2 has done extremely well and today was used to make up a larger colony with the addition of Bees and brood frames from a very strong 2 box colony ( it had Drones in Drone cells and 6 frames of capped worker brood).

 

Another Nucleus colony that has been part of the experiment was used to requeen a queenless colony. This was done with newspaper over the bottom queenless colony then a queen excluder. The plan is to have the two colonies combine but give the queen a bit of protection until they become a happy family.

  • Like 3


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...